NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm no stranger to the forum but rarely post and this is my first real introduction. I'm from the UK and a member on celica-club.co.uk so i know a few of the guys that appear on here from time to time. I've had my Celica for fast approaching 5 years and have had no trouble with the car in that time. It's done 95k miles and never misses a beat despite being driven ;) 'energetically' from time to time. So, my car is a 2002 T-sport (GT-S to you all) and is Storm Blue (Carbon Blue i think there?) It came to me as standard and i've done a few bits and pieces over the years...

Rear lights were the first thing to be added, got myself a set of APC carbon rears and they looked much nicer than stock with the silver bulbs fitted ;)

Exhaust soon followed, an Invidia was imported from the US and i just loved the way it looked but was shocked at how loud it was especially when some little bas*ard stole my baffle bung

Tein coilovers, Superstreets, were next up. I'm no mechanic but did the work myself before getting them aligned by a garage locally. They've made the car sit a fair bit lower and could go lower still except i live in the heart of speedbump hell! They're set at about 8 clicks but feel way harder than stock and i dread hitting potholes

Wheels followed, sorry, RIMS followed and were again imported from the US (you guys have so much more Celica related toys than we do!) and i plumped for a set of WedsSport SA-70s in bronze/blue rim. I got these in 7.5x17j to try and not compromise my acceleration too much but sometimes wish i'd gone for 18's as the look much nicer :(

A visit to the Nurburging and several real fast laps (which, incidentally was fan-f8cking-tastic!) in the Celica left me in little doubt that the brakes were dire as standard and so a set of grooved discs and fast road pads were added along with a full brake fluid change for some Dot5.1 and a set of Goodridge hoses which have made things much better but i think a big brake upgrade is coming....

A few simple mods have been done; C-One scoop, Likwid Art infill on the trunk, Dial faces and LED change, TRD panel filter, calipers painted etc and now i'm looking at hopefully upping the power (a little, as this is a DD for my wife) with some performance mods! On the 'to do' list are:
Boosted Inlet Manifold :king:
q45 TB
Piper Stage 2 cams
Power FC
AEM CAI (possibly 3" custom)

so now you're upto speed on where i'm at with her... here are some pics

and one from the Nurburgring ;)

Hope you like.

Mick

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Hey Mick, although it's been almost 3 years now, welcome to the boards. Some tasteful mods so far. Rims look great, although the red calipers scream a bit too much against the blue lip :D but that's just my taste. The 17s are fine, no need to go bigger.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers GSBoek

red calipers became matching blue calipers a long time back, they're old photos ;)

Gonna get me some nice ones over the coming weeks and get the whole thing updated.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Good, about the only thing that needs to go are the tails then. :chuckles:

Just pulling your leg a bit.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
cheers Revhard, they were a pig to do but they came out great, gonna do the LEDs behind the fuel/temp gauge next and then get some better pictures, crappy camera doesn't help on that pic

as for the tails, i couldn't part with them now... they're my first mod. Like the first time you get laid, it's hard to let go.... lol

ok noob question alert!

I'm going to ditch the TRD panel filter in place of a better intake.... now the question is, SRI with heatshield or CAI and (Injen vs AEM)?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys :) whilst it isn't quite up to the standards of some of the awesome cars on this forum it's still my pride and joy and i prefer it to my other car (2007 C-Class Merc coupe kompressor)

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
Now your next mod is to sell me the front lip :chuckles:
GSBoek said it... lol you may think we have a few extra goodies in the US, but that lip kit for the euro and other country celicas is amazing. if you ask me its better than anything in the us market. ive wanted that lip since i got my celica in 07, and its pretty much the only one i CANT get a hold of lol. very nice lookin ride man. welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys, glad you like it :)

I will have a lip spare within a week or two (the one that's on is to be replaced with one i picked up fresh from the spray shop a while back) it needs a little TLC due to having a scratch on the front but it's easily salvagable.... i'm just too lazy lol)

More progress reports will follow soon i hope...

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
ahhh you suck :sadpace:

if you end up feeling guilty and wanna do the right thing, ill get you my address so you can ship it to me lol

oh, another quick note... err question. to blacktsport: where did you get the chrome rings for your gauge panel? those look pretty nice. i have a similar gauge face on the way to being installed. my current one is mostly blue leds, with red in the redline area. white fuel/temp area, and my warning lights are all either white or blue. pretty snazzy if ya ask me lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.