NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a blitz active clutch/flywheel set up in my car. Whenever i put the clutch to the floor, it makes this, clink,clink,clink noise. Kinda like the throwout bearing is vibrating on the arms of the clutch. I called blitz and they kinda told me thats how there clutch is and some people buy there clutches just for that sound. It kinda sounds nasty to me but i was wondering if you know anyone with the blitz active clutch set up that i may talk to about this. Any Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Tony

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
thats normal for a blitz cluth. how do you like it btw? is it hard to drive?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i guess thats what everyone is saying, that is typical of a blitz clutch. Well it drives amazing but i havent got on it but once due to the sound it was making, didnt want to blow 1200$ on account me installing clutch ****ed up.

So yea i like it. I also put a PFC and Sway Bars and Boosted2.0 header and motor mounts so it all feals real different. The clutch is SUPER grabby! I mean SUPER, im like pealing out every time im at a red light, going from a start. I did get on it once and im breaking the tires loose 1st through 4th. I Have an 02 and ive never really hit lift going from 1st to 2nd adn man its like BAM and it pulls, all errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt. I like it alot, just wish it didnt make that sound, people all looking at me like, your sh*t is ****ed up, so i had to ask. Boosted2.0, smaay, and Jesse IL all said thats how they are and Blitz USA said thats how they sound so im going with i installed it correctly. Going to get some bfg T/A's today and taking it to the track. See what it runs now. ANYONE know someone that can fine tune my PFC for me. Monkey wrench says they detune their maps they sell, id like to be pushing as much as i can with what mods i have. Thanks all for the info, gives me sound of mind to go ripping my celi around now.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
these are picture of the clutch that came in my 97 Supra when i bought it. i didnt care for the noise either so i replaced it with an RPS and flywheel. These are the plates that you hear rattling around

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
that's a hella lot for a clutch...but it sounds like it's worth it and you are pleased...so props to you...high-roller!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
zero2toy, thanks for the info on your experiance with the clutch. I am thinking of getting it but cherping every gear is a bad isnt it when you racing? do you have a hard driving it daily?

I wouldn't care for that sound either. A friend of mine has it on his 240 and it sound pretty awesome to me.

sbocaj55 - that's a hella lot for a clutch...but it sounds like it's worth it and you are pleased...so props to you...high-roller!
well i believe it also comes with a fly wheel so i can understand why it cost that much. the blitz active clutch goes for about $850 i think.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I don't really understand why anyone would get this clutch over an RPS or South Bend? Especially for almost 4x as much as my RPS Max Street!!!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Jesse IL said:
I don't really understand why anyone would get this clutch over an RPS or South Bend? Especially for almost 4x as much as my RPS Max Street!!!
maybe because it comes with a flywheel as well? haha. or maybe its for the name!

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
One of the member express the sound as two ninja fighting with katana.... kind of unique... for maybe annoying for dailiy driving...

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Jesse IL said:
VoodooTRD said:
Jesse IL said:
maybe because it comes with a flywheel as well? haha. or maybe its for the name!
:werd:

It's both a clutch and a flywheel. But I do not think any of the parts are replaceable, so when the clutch is gone, so is the entire unit. I could be wrong on that but I've never heard of anyone replacing any of the parts in it.

Does anyone have any information on how long the clutch part lasts compared to most other aftermarket upgraded clutches?

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
With two disc, it looks like it's gona last for long time....
It's hard to slip the clutch, so it shouldn't wear out alot...

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
zero2toy said:
ANYONE know someone that can fine tune my PFC for me. Monkey wrench says they detune their maps they sell, id like to be pushing as much as i can with what mods i have. Thanks all for the info, gives me sound of mind to go ripping my celi around now.
Talk to Jesse - he has a basemap for the Power FC thats much better than the MWR map AND hes up in your neck of the woods.

How do you like the header?

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
zero2toy said:
ANYONE know someone that can fine tune my PFC for me. Monkey wrench says they detune their maps they sell, id like to be pushing as much as i can with what mods i have. Thanks all for the info, gives me sound of mind to go ripping my celi around now.
Talk to Jesse - he has a basemap for the Power FC thats much better than the MWR map AND hes up in your neck of the woods.

Yeah I can load a map for you. Do you have a Commander or Datalogit?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Jesse, I only have a FC commander right now. I saw your post bout the PFC, VERY INFORMATIVE! Id love to hook up with you in the near future and get this map you have that should be better than MWR. I do have a laptop in my car but i havent downloaded the Datalogic software yet, and i do not have the hardware to connect the laptop to the PFC, i think its just a USB cable or something, but im not sure. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Boosted2.0 said:

Boosted, the header is working out from what i can tell. Im pretty damn satisfied right now, but i havnt taken it to the track yet. Thanks so much for getting my header ported and back to me so quickly, i was itching so bad to drive my car. My car is INSANELY LOUD. I thought it wasnt that much louder than before i did all this work to my car, "Blitz clutch/flywheel, PFC, Header port, BFG KDW's, and motor mount inserts,but i havent heard it run in 9 months so. My friends say its louder, i got a mufler ticket first day driving it, but i was being well not quiet.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jesse IL said:
EBAY BABY EBAY. I paid in total $540 for this clutch from some kid in NY. I wouldnt have bought it if it was MSRP, which is something like $1200. But the availability is like slim to non from what i hear.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The clutch does not slip, its all go or stall out. First day driving it i stalled it like 3 times, hard to admit but its true. Its grabby as hell. I only have one disc of the twin setup in there because i dont need the twin set up till i turbo my car. And it only came with one pressure plate and clutch disc and flywheel. Turbo is one of those wildest dream type situations so im content for now.

Thanks to all for your help

IMO Im quiet satified with the blitz active clutch/flywheel set up.

The blitz clutch is really nice. The noise it makes is unique but SUCKS for daily driving, agian, wierd looks, specially from muscle car guys. They are all like, Dude your car is messed up, and you obviously didnt know what you were doing installing it and so on. I can care less what they think, but it is kinda annoying daily driving so i solved it with some bass and a lil treble.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
zero2toy said:
Hey Jesse, I only have a FC commander right now. I saw your post bout the PFC, VERY INFORMATIVE! Id love to hook up with you in the near future and get this map you have that should be better than MWR. I do have a laptop in my car but i havent downloaded the Datalogic software yet, and i do not have the hardware to connect the laptop to the PFC, i think its just a USB cable or something, but im not sure. Let me know.
I would need to physically install your PFC in my car and program it with my Datalogit, which is basically permanently installed in my car. I think I'm going to be doing the same thing for a different guy this Saturday if you want to stop by.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.