NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I got the blitz...installed , reset the ecu, and reved the shiet out of the engine.

my question is...I seem to have lost power. the engine seems to pull back at 4k....and the exhuast low vroom is gone too.

is there a reason behind this?

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Blitz what? The Blitz exhaust, or Blitz Intake?

If you just put an intake on your car, low end power loss is normal. Every aftermarket intake sacrifices low end power for more high RPM out put.

Also, you shouldn't "rev the shiet out of the engine" after resetting the ECU. You should take it really easy on the car for a while to allow the ECU to adjust to the new part that was just added.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chameleon said:

If you just put an intake on your car, low end power loss is normal. Every aftermarket intake sacrifices low end power for more high RPM out put.

Also, you shouldn't "rev the shiet out of the engine" after resetting the ECU. You should take it really easy on the car for a while to allow the ECU to adjust to the new part that was just added.
your guess was right...intake.
I just got too excited and wanted to test it out right away.

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
chameleon said:

Actually no.

And as far as that ecu remark, please enlightn me further. As that as well makes no sense.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Actually yes.

As you can see from this dyno of a stock Celica GTS vs a GTS w/Injen intake, the low rpm power loss is huge...

As for the ECU portion, let me see if I can explain this to you. The ECU makes timing and fuel adjustments based on a history of data that is recorded as you drive. When you reset your ECU, all this data is lost. Since the ECU has no data to work with, it defaults to factory pre-set parameters to run off of while it is learning optimum settings from your driving.

The reason you should take it easy on your car after resetting the ECU is that in it's factory pre-set state, especially with the addition of an aftermarket product, the car will be running on settings that are inappropriate to the actual driving conditions until it has had a little time to learn. For example, in this case the car would be running lean, which we all know is no good for the engine. By just driving normally instead of aggressively revving the car or pushing it at high speeds, you will save your self from unnecessary accelerated engine wear that results from the factory pre-set timing and fuel maps.

Does that make sense? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts