NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those running high boost... Ive not really heard much about them for our cars,, does anyone know if anyone out there makes them.. If not anyone thought of having some custom made?? or would they even work on our engines.. thanks

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
are you talking about sleeves for your cyllinders? if so then i have had it done already....MWR's spyder made like 350 WHP on a 1ZZ with them

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a block guard in mine. I had one custom made to fit my car. I went this route since MWR's sleeve kit wasn't out when i built my motor.

I can get you one if you'd like.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by Smaay
are you talking about sleeves for your cyllinders? if so then i have had it done already....MWR's spyder made like 350 WHP on a 1ZZ with them
IIRC the engine they are currently running in the spyder is unsleeved and still using the open deck.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cmiguel32 said:
I have a block guard in mine. I had one custom made to fit my car. I went this route since MWR's sleeve kit wasn't out when i built my motor.

No im not talking about sleeves.. block guards fit between the stock sleeves and the block so you do not get cylinder flex and you can run more boost... basically it a cheaper way vs sleeves...

Yes CMIGUEL32 I am intersted.. how much.. thanks

I didnt know MWR sleeved their spyder engine. Anyways...

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
I was talking to Matt at monkeywrench and the machineshop is a little hesitant to put studs in the block because of the water flows through it...but if its done and working then more power to ya...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cmiguel32 said:

Cmiguel32, you have the bottom end built? if so what boost are you running with your block guards.. thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was tuned for about 10 psi, i bumped the boost to about 12 psi b/c i was still running rich and i could get away with it. I still need to pay for some more dyno/tuning time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts