NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i blew out my 02 celica gt engine and the guy i took it too i think orderd a gt-s engine cuz i have the badges but i was thinkin that it would b a lot better and faster BUT i was wondering what problems am i going to have will the engine is everything going to work fine?? i kno it might not pass smog but i got some hook ups on that anyways.... what should i do put in the gt-s engine OR tell him to find a regular gt engine ??? what Problems am i going to have??????

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you will need more than just the engine if he ordered you a 2ZZ. you will need the ECU, wiring harness, passenger side engine mount. and a few other things. it will drop right in no problems. and you will love it if its done right.

try calling the guy and find out what he ordered a 1ZZ or 2ZZ, and by the way

its really :gay: to put GT-S badges on a GT

·
Registered
903 Posts
doesnt he need a new tranny too? or it just bolts on?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
TRDAzNSpEeDeR said:
doesnt he need a new tranny too? or it just bolts on?
5spd tranny will bolt right up to the 2zz, but the 2zz flywheel is needed...

this engine swap will put a hole straight through ur pocket...and that mechanic is stupid for ordering a gts engine becuase of some emblems, theyre supposed to run it off the engine code itself or VIN

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
id look at the positive side of things, since your going to go vvtli you miught as well pay the extra cash and enjoy the extra hp. id love to be able to go 2zz... even the highest hp dynos are currently being done on the 2zz though supposedly 1zzs do better with f/i

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
1zz do not do better with f/i, its a common misconceoption everyone thinks just because the 1zz runs lower compression doesn't mean it runs better f/i. Look at the highest hp celicas out there, they are running turbo 2zz.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK well yeah the gts engine came in and they didnt look right lol he ran the vin and came up a gt so now he took it back got me a gt engine for 2g's it has 23000 miles campared to my 80000 so i think its ok exept it came from a automatic gt does it make a difference or is it all in the tranny ? thats what the guy said...oh and what year out of all the celica gts is the fastes from 00 to 05 ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i mean gt's not gt-s but yeah whats the fastes on both? :eatpop: ....it came with the gt-s badge i wanted to take em off but its hard feels like the paint is gonna come off but out of all the gt celicas i raced i beat em all i think the past owner put something on it just dont know what

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i mean gt's not gt-s but yeah whats the fastes on both? :eatpop: ....it came with the gt-s badge i wanted to take em off but its hard feels like the paint is gonna come off but out of all the gt celicas i raced i beat em all i think the past owner put something on it just dont know what

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

1 - 10 of 10 Posts