NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
On the GTS at 18psi.
head had to be resurfaced and for safety we installed o rings.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
what heat range plugs were on that motor when you blew the gasket Gas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im really only looking for guys w/boost, thats why i put it in the forced induction forum, thanks anyways, but im just trying to figure out if im going to need to o ring my block and use a copper gasket on a 1zz between 20-25psi

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have to look Boosted!! Will check.

Well, consudering the 20-25psi I m strongly suggest the o-rings. You will sooner or later but surely blow your headgasket. Over 16-18 psi it is a must on any engine.

·
Registered
772 Posts
So the copper head gasket by itself is a no go? when you say o rings are you cutting a groove in the head and block to fit an o ring that covers the gap between the block and head or are you refering to some other type of setup?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Well, still up today I have no clue why copper would be good for f/i cars, But some ppl say it is. Personally I dont trust those.The O ring is a very resistant metal ring (thin like ~2mm and ~1mm high), just around the cylinder on the top. The same shape of the ring is cutted in the block, but not in the head. Then you have a normal gasket around it to seal water amd oil lines. Once you put on the head, the rings would cut themselves in the head and will make an extreme strog sealing for the cylinders.
Also reusable, just need to have the "paper" gasket replaced.
This is what we made to soceur`s GTS:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
772 Posts
alright, I get it.... now, how does it effect the installation of this with a "sleeved" engine like the 2zz, the grove is cut into the sleeve?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Liqquid said:
alright, I get it.... now, how does it effect the installation of this with a "sleeved" engine like the 2zz, the grove is cut into the sleeve?

Correct, groove it into the sleeve!
It works perfectly!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
spoolin spyder said:
im just trying to figure out if im going to need to o ring my block and use a copper gasket on a 1zz between 20-25psi
We're running our 1zz at that boost level on a stock gasket without problems. It's got at least 60 dyno pulls at high boost and a whole lot more at low/mid boost. It's been to the track 3 times now, see times below. Tuning is your friend.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
gas post the pics of my blown head gasket when you get a chance and also the the headgasket of the gt so ppl can see the difference in sizes between the 2. The GT headgasket is alot more boost friendly then the GT-S.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
GT211 said:
Anyone wanna help me out here!

Sure!
We had them custom made for the 2zz.
If you really need them we can make some for you guys!? Anyone else intrested?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, since we don't have a big bored engine, we need exact sizing info, and still i can not guarrantie that it will be fine whitout a look at the engine :(

It is better if you look for a solution near you, your engine is kinda special.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts