141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I have a site. ;)
http://www.chrisfiorephotography.com/blog/

A poorly updated site. :gap:

Got a MAD amount of pics and vids from my vacation in October (over 4K :AF: ). I need another vacation to have time to work on my vacation pics. ;) Shot just about everything on my GH2 at ISO 6400 in RAW + JPG, so I can use its pseudo Tri-X mode JPGs, and still be able to work with RAWs if I wanted color. Here's a preview to appease the masses! :3

Sandy Hook and Twin Lights Lighthouses, NJ:

Point Pleasant, NJ

NYC

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Hmm, only dark ones were the first two. It was raining on and off all that day. 1st NYC pic was after sunset. The beach was the only partly sunny day of my entire trip. It was cloudy/rainy the rest. :marky:

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
ISO 5600? Yes plz!

Image came out just about perfect straight from the camera. Just a bit of NR, vignetting, slight exposure drop, and a bit of a crop, all in ACR. Can't wait for ACR to fully support the D7100 (using hax'd D5200 profile right now)!

So, this pic compared to how it would look with my previous D90 and D7000:

D90: would have chunky noise going on, and a good loss of color. Even ISO 3200 would have been pushing it.

D7000: slightly better on both, but most of the fur detail would be lost, and noise would still be rough. Might also have some magenta cast from sensor heating.

The D7100 retained all color properly, and has very, very even and fine grain. Probably equivalent to a last gen FX sensor in the noise level (of course, they can go much higher in ISO). Makes NR a piece of cake. Not to mention resizing from 24MP (even cropped) reduces noise even more. In web size or a print, the noise would hardly be noticeable!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Working on a couple video reviews, along with an article. Hopefully I can have them done by this weekend. If not, definitely by next. Trying something.... a bit different than the regular videos you see out there. ;)

141 - 160 of 183 Posts