NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this is my first win ever.

so the story starts by me taking my friend to Trabuco Canyon after installing my springs to take it for a test run. now i like this road for testing because it is not strait; there turns and such. anyways it is about 10:30 pm and we are about to get on to the road slowly because we do not want to draw attention and i see these really bright lights in my rear view mirror and he is increasing. i'm like "sh!t i can't see." then the car pulls into the left lane; the lane that is going against traffic and zooms past me. so being the thrill seeker i am, gun it and we are about 2-3 car distances apart going about 70-75mph in a 35mph zone. so they're in front of me and i'm tailing closely trying to keep up and at all the high speed turns the bimer breaks every so slightly but every time they do i gain about a car length and after 2 turns i'm riding thier a$$ and the at the last turn the car makes it wide by going back into the left hand lane and turning to the right. well, i stay in the 'safe' lane and take his line and creep quickly pass him. it was a sweet run. he might have backed off at the last second but meh! i dont really care since he did it at a time were i know i could have beat 'em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
wow a celica, reading the title of the thread i assumed it was a straight line race like all the other stories people post up. I was going to call bs cause i know for sure in a straight line a bmw would woop a celica gt, on the twisties, thats a different story. My brother has a bmw 325 and that thing is so heavy, it cant take turns for crap, but on the straight line its decent. Ya a celica handles a lot better than a bmw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah dude it was intense...like is said he zoomed passed me-he was hauling ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Yeah, nice to hear about a run in the twistys every once in a while. Good kill!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,364 Posts
timm3r said:
wow a celica, reading the title of the thread i assumed it was a straight line race like all the other stories people post up. I was going to call bs cause i know for sure in a straight line a bmw would woop a celica gt, on the twisties, thats a different story. My brother has a bmw 325 and that thing is so heavy, it cant take turns for crap, but on the straight line its decent. Ya a celica handles a lot better than a bmw.
Sir. He out drove the BMW owner. On top of the fact that the Celica has hotchkis suspension to aid it. A celica does NOT handle better than a BMW.
 

·
It is known.
Joined
·
8,239 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
timm3r said:
wow a celica, reading the title of the thread i assumed it was a straight line race like all the other stories people post up. I was going to call bs cause i know for sure in a straight line a bmw would woop a celica gt, on the twisties, thats a different story. My brother has a bmw 325 and that thing is so heavy, it cant take turns for crap, but on the straight line its decent. Ya a celica handles a lot better than a bmw.
Sir. He out drove the BMW owner. On top of the fact that the Celica has hotchkis suspension to aid it. A celica does NOT handle better than a BMW.
it could have been a 318
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,364 Posts
party2go said:
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
timm3r said:
wow a celica, reading the title of the thread i assumed it was a straight line race like all the other stories people post up. I was going to call bs cause i know for sure in a straight line a bmw would woop a celica gt, on the twisties, thats a different story. My brother has a bmw 325 and that thing is so heavy, it cant take turns for crap, but on the straight line its decent. Ya a celica handles a lot better than a bmw.
Sir. He out drove the BMW owner. On top of the fact that the Celica has hotchkis suspension to aid it. A celica does NOT handle better than a BMW.
it could have been a 318
Which still handles well. VERY well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
TRUE u can take a BMW 325 and a 318 easy we raced them in our CELICA GT
the BMWs are really heavy and the 325 was a four door but they are torky
nice race
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,364 Posts
ovadik said:
TRUE u can take a BMW 325 and a 318 easy we raced them in our CELICA GT
the BMWs are really heavy and the 325 was a four door but they are torky
nice race
Every BMW is heavy. That doesnt deter their handling capabilities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
Which still handles well. VERY well.
They handle ok, honestly my celica handles better than my mothers 318. The stock tires on that car are horrible, and there is a lot of body roll by comparison. Now throw on some sways and better tires hmmm....The potentional is there being a BMW and all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, the guy didnt know how to drive i know that...it must have been a young kid trying to show off by just slamming the gas in the relativly strait parts but it ended up with him just backing down because he was probably scared-he does not know his car's potential. i would have gone all the way till the end of the course with him even if i lost. my friend and I chase all the time and i know that road pretty well. He has a E34 535 and if you think what I raced llast friday was heavy, its nothing like my friends car but the handling is top notch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Dont know what figures a 318 (140hp) and 325 (195hp) gives in the usa, but i raced/driven both and a 318 IS is indeed slower then a GT, the 325 is faster (in a straight lane), Also the 3-series has excellent handling but so has a hotchkiss celi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
ive taken a 325 in the highway..(i dunno if it was auto or stick) w/ my auto crap... off the line i couldnt have had a chance for sh$it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
my brothers bmw 325 does not handle better than my celica. That thing feels like its going to tip over if i corner turns. My celica although only has springs can still take corners very well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
you were blasting the soundtrack to initial d out your window when you passed him in the corner right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^haha no not that night, may be few months ago i would have but that soundtrack tends to be dangerous by nature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Creep1234 said:
^^haha no not that night, may be few months ago i would have but that soundtrack tends to be dangerous by nature.
yea i'll admit that i thought it would be cheesy to play that while driving until someone popped it in while i was driving. I think it has subliminal messages in it. dun dun dun duhduh dun burning in the 90's! "drive fast, run over small children" we are burning in the 90s!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
ovadik said:
TRUE u can take a BMW 325 and a 318 easy we raced them in our CELICA GT
the BMWs are really heavy and the 325 was a four door but they are torky
nice race
Every BMW is heavy. That doesnt deter their handling capabilities.

BMWs are invincible! :bling:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top