NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 BMW Mega City
We know BMW has been putting quite an attempt to revive its renowned “bubble car” Isetta, probably either under the same badge Isetta or the classic British badge Triumph. We also know that BMW announced last September that there would be a separate fourth brand under the Munich-based manufacturer. Earlier reports said that BMW was indeed developing a low-emissions vehicle under this fourth brand rivaling the upcoming Audi A1 or possibly the VW Up, with several different models to be positioned just below the Mini.

On the other hand, word comes today that BMW is seeking alternative fuel or power systems, which they think would be more appropriate for a car designed for town use. An EV or electric vehicle as we know it is rumored to be in development, to fill in the 15 to 20 year gap before hydrogen fuel or fuel cell road cars becomes reality. Yet again, emissions regulations are causing profound impacts on automakers these days, and BMW is finally answering the call with a more practical solution; an electric city car.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
they will make it, and i think it will sell. I think even though smart cars can now be bought in america, that bmw will market this like crazy so that smart cars dont get the upper hand on micro cars in america.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
Might be just a rendering but the thing looks fairly production-ready. Greenhouse is complete, the usual details are there, bodypanels aren't outrageously shaped. Doesn't look too shabby.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Looks better than the Prius at least. Reminds me of an xA scion.

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
2013 BMW i8

Z Vision Concept
These are the first pictures of the Z Vision Concept which has been rumoured for months now. At a media announcement a week ago BMW called it the EfficientDynamics Vision. Initial stories talked of a two-seat sports car with a difference; it would use not fossil fuels but electric power for its drive systems.

Eh, for now.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The front outline has a new mustang/evo feel to it.

Pass.

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
Strange sideskirts...

1 - 20 of 283 Posts