NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
This would make a great bumper sticker for Mustang owners.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
If money isn't an issue, M3's interior is 3x nicer than any Mustang.
Not really. I am not saying it is nicer than the BMW, but 3 times is a stretch. You obviously have not compared Fords quality increase in the last few years with their competitors.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Not really. I am not saying it is nicer than the BMW, but 3 times is a stretch. You obviously have not compared Fords quality increase in the last few years with their competitors.
For me, it's not about the quality of the Mustang's interior, rather that it just looks like sh!t.

·
Super Moderator
48,630 Posts
I don't think you can find a new M3 for +$60K + taxes. Either way, do 3 Series owners cross-shop with Mustangs?

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I would like to see lap times of each.

·
Impossibru !
527 Posts
M3 over a Stang anyday....

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the point is to demonstrate how far technology has come - when Ponycars are now on par with European performance cars.

Keep in mind, a V6 Camry can out accelerate and out handle most of the muscle cars from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

·
Impossibru !
527 Posts
Next thing you know we're gonna be teleporting all over the place.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
For me, it's not about the quality of the Mustang's interior, rather that it just looks like sh!t.
So I want you to find 10 people, remove name badges from both picture and ask those 10 people what looks better?

They said the BMW? Ok now tell them you would give them 20,000 to select the other interior. What do you think they will say?

The quality has greatly improved in the newer mustangs, but most cars have pretty much the same functions. Button layouts, HVAC controls, steering, radio and pretty much everything else is features you will never use.

Oh and iDrive totally sucks compared to SYNC.

Regardless of the residual of an M3 in 3-5 years a new M3 is not going to be worth more than 25-35, which just in deprecation alone could buy you a Mustang GT.

Oh any maintenance costs are cheaper as well as fuel economy is better on the Mustang.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Can't argue the Mustang's bang-for-the-buck factor, but people shopping for an M3 are not shopping for only raw speed but raw speed with a good dose of refinement.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Can't argue the Mustang's bang-for-the-buck factor, but people shopping for an M3 are not shopping for only raw speed but raw speed with a good dose of refinement.
They are buying a name. There is not 28,000 worth of refinement. The M3 is overpriced.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Oh I certainly agree, but that won't stop them from buying it anyway.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts