NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow after reading all of these I'm still not sure which to get, im new to body kits and the different kinds of material, but ive been doing research before i buy one, and this thread is saying get fiberglass, no get polyurethane, no fiberglass sucks, no urethane sucks, im just stuck right now...which is overall better, i have a 07 corolla LE, i was just doing it for looks (like mostly everyone else) maybe put a spoiler on it....i need some help thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got duraflex and my body guy said it isn't going to fit. He also said some areas of the kit are thinner then others. Also that it looks like its been tried to be installed before. After I complained they said send us some
Pictures proving it doesn't fit and we will issue a full refund so now I must pay my body guy again just to take the front bumper off to take pictures to get money back. Such BS. He said he would try or will make it work and fit but it will cost just about double. So I'm think I might just return it. I still need a good place where I can get a good reliable kit where I won't have issues. I'm also very new to all this. Should of did more research effort buying but that promo video they have made it look so good.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got duraflex and my body guy said it isn't going to fit. He also said some areas of the kit are thinner then others. Also that it looks like its been tried to be installed before. After I complained they said send us some
Pictures proving it doesn't fit and we will issue a full refund so now I must pay my body guy again just to take the front bumper off to take pictures to get money back. Such BS. He said he would try or will make it work and fit but it will cost just about double. So I'm think I might just return it. I still need a good place where I can get a good reliable kit where I won't have issues. I'm also very new to all this. Should of did more research effort buying but that promo video they have made it look so good.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ebay? Ay Tanga... :wiggle:

·
Registered
64 Posts
hello, iam using this thread to ask about the TRD body kit, i bought the TRD side skirts, they are original, were took off from a GTS, when iam installing this side skirts, they didnt fit 100% in the rear wheel/tire area (rear fender?), its that normal on the GT celicas? are the GTS rear area more wider than GT? :shrugs:

·
Paint Guru
5,588 Posts
If there is about a 1/4" gap between the inside of the rear of the TRD side skirts (side facing away from the tire) and the outside of the rear wheel arch (side facing the rear tire), then that is normal from what I've seen. People just drill screws through the side closest to the wheel and through the car frame and it holds up pretty good that way. Just make sure to drill at least 2 or 3 screws there to really secure the side skirts in place.

·
Registered
64 Posts
oooo... yes, that´s what´s happen to me... ok, thank you very much for a very quick response... i will do that tomorrow...greetings from Juárez Chih. Mex.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
This same **** just happened to me thinking that FRP looked good and didnt do more research. Now the guy says if I destroy it, he'll give me $200 credit towards a urethane bumper, which of course you can only get blitz :( It sucks because Im on a fixed income and just blew $442 getting the kit I have now to me (Extreme Dimensions Vader front and Vader SE rear). My body guy wants another $300 to fix the kit, and then its on my daily driver, even though I dont drive muc hand I know how to drive a lowered car, its bull**** I know Im gonna deal with as a result.

·
<3 Go Big Or Go Home <3
33 Posts
i got a duraflex kit from extreme dimenstions and i love it... my boyfriend had to make his own bolt holes and cut it out a little bit but he did it prefectly fine right in my driveway... my friend has a poly and she absolutly loves it due to the fact that she is a ditz and it always running into curbs and shit like that but i love my duraflex bottomed out today for the first time and its good as new :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a poly urethane front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper. I would not buy fiber glass I was warned against doing so because of how easily it can crack. I had one instance where I accidentally backed up into a rather high curb and my rear bumper merely flexed and came right back out no problemo. Poly urethane is deff the way to go as for Duraflex I would stay away from that. I work at a shop and have seen some of those products and in one instance we had a customer bring in a front lip and it was so flimsy that we wouldn’t even install it. It had no bolt holes and fitment was subpar at best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FRP prep work grade quality

fiberglass also has different qualities and different grades. some are heavier, lighter, thicker, all a combination of fiberglass material and resin quantity and quality.

depending on the grade, rock chips only damage the paint (same as urethane), fiberglass will also flex and adjust better. It all depends on the prep work involved.

if you are a newbie and are going to paint it yourself get a urethane. usually lasts about 2 years due to sag and weight. But if you are going to go show, then bodyshop will charge you a fortune trying to get it to fit right unlike fiberglass.

best bet is fiberglass and get the a clear sticker/film to protect against rock chicks.

also get authentic japanese bodykits or japan spec fiberglass

worth the money.
does anybody knows about the quality and reviews on Liberty Walk LB Performance body kits? Are they good quality and are they worth it? are they easily crack?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure about the best place to buy, but here's my opinion on Polyurethane

Polyurethane is preferred for body parts because its extremely flexible when needed and still very strong.

Not sure why theres hate for polyurethane. The material itself is better than fiberglass, FRP and CFRP materials used on most body kits these days.

Only polyurethane can stand up the to the daily abuse of a car. fibeglass, FRP, CFRP will have the paint chipped/sandblasted and be cracking in less than a year of a car being daily driven.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts