NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Bomz intake and I can't quite figure out what this little black rubber piece is for.

You can see the pic here (the black rubber piece next to the hose):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8073485818&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

It isn't quite a hose, its more like a solid tube of rubber with a slit from the center out to the edge all along the whole tube.

If anyone can shed some light on what this thing is for I would appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
its the vibramount.
if you have problems trying to fit the intake with the vibramount, you don't really need it. i have the same intake as you and i broke my vibramount adjusting the intake. Have not had any problems since and their was no weird erractic vibrating noises under the hood.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, I was referring to the longer black rubber piece that is laying alongside the red hose and is about the same length. From the pic it looks like a black hose but it is split lengthwise like you could fit it over a long wire or something.

If you look at it from the end it kinda looks like this (V)

Thanks for the quick replies... i should have been a little more specific :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kraze :)

I have been looking all over trying to figure out what it could go to... I figure it will be something that is left unused. I'll install this thing tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would imagine it is a peice of rubber that they include to prevent the front of the intake from rubbing on the frame. If you look at where the piping starts to bend downward you will notice it's close proximity to a long vertical strip of metal. I think mine included that same rubber piece as well and that is where I mounted mine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, good call Zero!

I'll check it out today. I installed it last night. Sounds really good, can't wait til the ECU adjusts to it :)

Thing was a pain to fit into the engine bay though!

·
Registered
355 Posts
hey.. I have the same intake as futant.. and i cant seem to get mine to fit in right, I mean my hood wont close.. i got it off ebay too, its a bomz short ram air intake..

am i doing something wrong.. ?

I have a toyota celica 01 gt automatic..

·
Registered
533 Posts
JillGT said:
hey.. I have the same intake as futant.. and i cant seem to get mine to fit in right, I mean my hood wont close.. i got it off ebay too, its a bomz short ram air intake..

am i doing something wrong.. ?

I have a toyota celica 01 gt automatic..
u bought the short ram.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'm assuming its a sort of guard to put around the plastic hole you make in the plastics........to keep the plastics from rubbing the intake...............

as if it matters......but yea

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ya i bought the short ram
is there something im missing, or not doing correctly, im going step by step with the instructions they gave me

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I'll take a pic of mine tomarrow mornin, everything fits fine.. kinda. the MAF is a little off.

·
Registered
355 Posts
whats the MAF? He said if i needed one, he would provide me with one, but i dont think i do.. not sure.. ???
Does the entire box have to come out, or just the head/top part of it?

I think im doing something wrong, or i missed something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts