NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Celica GT-S Turbo
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have installed in my 2zzge turbo kit brand (turbokits), with a garret GT28RS and the stock engine. I have the Apexi pfc mapped by a professional and is running only 5 psi.

I want to know the maximum pressure that I can work on my car. I would like to make the most of the engine because the turbo garret is very large, and takes to load.

Now it is quite expensive for me to build the engine, but later I would like to. ¿I can run 12 psi?

Thank you very much.

·
Celica GT-S Turbo
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read that the problem is the pistons. I wonder if anyone is running the same configuration as mine to be sure.

When I refer to the maximum psi, I mean without breaking motor

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi I have installed in my 2zzge turbo kit brand (turbokits), with a garret GT28RS and the stock engine. I have the Apexi pfc mapped by a professional and is running only 5 psi.

I want to know the maximum pressure that I can work on my car. I would like to make the most of the engine because the turbo garret is very large, and takes to load.

Now it is quite expensive for me to build the engine, but later I would like to. ¿I can run 12 psi?

Thank you very much.
well you would have to upgrade vavle springs and rods and pistons. its an alluminum engine i wouldnt put a turbo that big until i upgrade those parts. and an oil pan if its before the 03 model.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
well you would have to upgrade vavle springs and rods and pistons. its an alluminum engine i wouldnt put a turbo that big until i upgrade those parts. and an oil pan if its before the 03 model.
^^^^
Ignore this guy

^not really true. You can get drop in pistons and be fine as long as you use a proper ecu (power fc, aem ems, hyrda) and get a professional tune.
^^^^^
Listen to this guy

Stock rods are fine. The pistons are the weak point and fail easily with bad detonation.

Keep her rich, keep the timing conservative, and keep the IATs low.

If you are only tuned to 5 PSI, do not exceed 5 PSI. If you want to raise the boost talk to your tuner.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Like yours setup with pfc. i run and never exceed 7 psi, tuned and tuned again for this and only for this. i am ok

·
Celica GT-S Turbo
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies.

When the tuner came to me the first map I did not know was 5psi, because I had installed the turbo pressure gauge and the boost controller. I wanted to ask here how we could increase the pressure to be safe, because I know that many here know about it, he told me about 8-9 psi. When I increase the pressure, the tuner will adjust the map.

He is well known here called Raulhp and meet Jesse.

I thought to buy the GReddy boost controller prophecy B spec 2, What you think?

^^^^
Ignore this guy

^^^^^
Listen to this guy

Stock rods are fine. The pistons are the weak point and fail easily with bad detonation.

Keep her rich, keep the timing conservative, and keep the IATs low.

If you are only tuned to 5 PSI, do not exceed 5 PSI. If you want to raise the boost talk to your tuner.
Thanks I'm going to comment on the tuner to see that says

·
Registered
128 Posts
The stock pistons are not forged pistons. I ran stock rods with mahle pistons for a while before changing to the MWR billet rods. With this setup I ran up to 21psi on a GT3071r but this was with an apexi pfc and a good tuner. As the other guys said for a stock engine 8 psi is the recommended boost pressure otherwise you are pushing reliability.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
stock pistons are cast
Cast with very thin ring lands to boot. And thin rings for that matter. Good for fuel economy, bad for FI.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
stock pistons are cast
Cast with very thin ring lands to boot. And thin rings for that matter. Good for fuel economy, bad for FI.
Silly noob question. I know that just adding a little end gap to the top ring significantly helps other engines when dealing with boost, how about the 2ZZ with stock pistons?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.