NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
BlackSea edition.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i found something i am pretty sure everybody wants. And it's the switch for the windows for auto up and auto down. It seems to be an OEM piece and i even have pictures of it and part number but i can't find it anywhere (even google doesn't know it exists and that's impossible!) so can anybody chime in and help? Maybe Rafa?

You can clearly see one is with auto up and down, and one is regular, and PN# are different!

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
See if you can get the number that is behind the entire unit of the dual up/down window control switch (not on the circuit board, but on the plastic backing).

I think Toyota doesn't sell the board separately, so your only chance at getting the dual switch would be to buy the whole thing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This was in a thread a while back about the differences for Celicas in different countries, the original poster of the image was from Germany if I recall correctly. I've looked into it a little bit and there's nothing on the internet that jumps out and says exactly what the number for that switch is, but it should be something like 84802‑20390, 84802‑20340, 84802‑20370, etc. However, none of those have the auto-up and auto-down feature on both sides. If a part number is ever located for the switch, the biggest problem would be importing it.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
There are a few members from Germany here. Should one take the time to check his switch, it could help out the community. :naughty:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Want. I'm gonna go after this until I get me one.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Interested

·
Muffinboy
1,606 Posts
Doesn't the tc have this switch? Has anyone looked into a swap over?

·
Registered
461 Posts
this most likely wont work even if you get the switch. theres more than just a different switch when there is an auto-up in a car, hence, only expensive cars have this.

proof, that switch would cost about 10cents more to make than the original, so why not put it in every car with power windows?

if it does work though... that would be pretty cool lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Doesn't the tc have this switch? Has anyone looked into a swap over?
The tC's switch is all auto, but it won't fit in the Celica.

this most likely wont work even if you get the switch. theres more than just a different switch when there is an auto-up in a car, hence, only expensive cars have this.

proof, that switch would cost about 10cents more to make than the original, so why not put it in every car with power windows?

if it does work though... that would be pretty cool lol
On the contrary, I don't see why it wouldn't. There's already a mod for the original switch to make it auto up and down. The electronics for the auto functions share the same pins with the regular up/down, so I'd say everything that's needed would be in the switch.

·
ninotnax
2,783 Posts
Eh... I just had the Directed Electronic's window up/down module added to my car for $150. Same effect, AND it makes both my windows go up when I lock my car, and I can put them down with the remote.

·
BlackSea edition.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
xentonin, that's called a "comfort" module, can you tell me where to look for it, and where did you get it?

·
BlackSea edition.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just need to know... how does the "one touch roll down/up" thing works. Since my driver's window already has 2 levels of push and 2 levels of up movement. Does it activate when you touch the first level too or only on the second one (as it was before?)

·
ninotnax
2,783 Posts
Just need to know... how does the "one touch roll down/up" thing works. Since my driver's window already has 2 levels of push and 2 levels of up movement. Does it activate when you touch the first level too or only on the second one (as it was before?)
Depends how it's wired. Mine was the same as yours.

For mine, they wired it to the first level.

The way both sides work for me is if I push it very shortly in either direction, it goes automatically. If I hold it for a bit longer it becomes manual until I let go. Pushing the opposite direction cancels out the automation.

It did not play nicely with the driver's side for me, so I removed the white plastic pin that connects the circuits for the 2nd level and just use the one-touch.

The reason I did that was if I pushed the window down to the 2nd level and then I pushed up to stop it, then pushed up again to move it up it wouldn't go up unless I pushed it down all the way.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Depends how it's wired. Mine was the same as yours.

For mine, they wired it to the first level.

The way both sides work for me is if I push it very shortly in either direction, it goes automatically. If I hold it for a bit longer it becomes manual until I let go. Pushing the opposite direction cancels out the automation.

It did not play nicely with the driver's side for me, so I removed the white plastic pin that connects the circuits for the 2nd level and just use the one-touch.

The reason I did that was if I pushed the window down to the 2nd level and then I pushed up to stop it, then pushed up again to move it up it wouldn't go up unless I pushed it down all the way.
After you removed the second pin, do you have any complaints? I definitely want to do this, might order one on ebay for $42 today.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts