NewCelica.org Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Oh, I must have missed that. Are there the same number of prongs on the Euro one as the "regular" one? Try pulling up on the window with your hands when you're using the auto feature to go up (or push down when you use the auto down) and see if keeps going then. It could be a calibration problem or something. Maybe the motors in Europe are more efficient or something. :shrugs:

·
Registered
254 Posts
There are 12 wires that go into the connector, most of them are labeled on the board if they're used, but there are a few unused and unlabeled pins. I just need to be certain which two are for the sensor, then get a new motor and wire it up.

If anyone in Europe would be so kind as to post a picture of the back of their window switch connector it would be a big help. Guesswork is never fun with wiring.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I just need to be certain which two are for the sensor
What do you mean sensor? 4 wires go to the motor (two for each side, + and -), three wires supply +12v, 2 wires control the door locks, 1 wire goes to the window lock, 1 wire goes to the Body ECU to control the 43 second thing and one wire goes to ground. There are no sensors.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not on the US Celicas, but there's a sensor in the Euro motors for jam protection, the connector for their motor has 2 extra pins in it. The jam protection sensor in the motor lets the switch know that it's ok to roll the window up. Our motors don't have one, as we have no need for it because they only go auto-down. I need to get a Euro window motor, then wire its jam sensor to the window switch to make this functional.

·
Registered
757 Posts
It could be that the passenger side motor is different, maybe just buying a EUR passenger motor might solve it :shrugs:. When mine comes in I'll take a look at the wires to the motor and trace everything. Like iToaster said if someone in EUR could take pics that would be great.

·
BlackSea edition.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
iToaster can you get the VIN of the car that you got that part from? Do you know the guy/is this his own celica?

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
isnt there a way to loop the wiring for the jam sensor into thinking its always 'safe' to run? or would that force the motor to reach the top or bottom and continue running despite being in the full up/down position?

·
Registered
757 Posts
iToaster can you get the VIN of the car that you got that part from? Do you know the guy/is this his own celica?
He bought it off ebay.eu
I don't think he knows the guy

·
Registered
757 Posts
isnt there a way to loop the wiring for the jam sensor into thinking its always 'safe' to run? or would that force the motor to reach the top or bottom and continue running despite being in the full up/down position?
It might burn the motor out, I think getting the motor from a EUR will solve it.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
yea, thats what my last question involved... just a shot in the dark there. electrical ain't my thing... lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
It's not really practical to trick the switch, it looks for a pretty distinct signal (I think they use hall effect sensors), it's easier to just buy a Euro window motor. I don't know much about the donor vehicle other than it was an '05, but the part number for the switch is definitely 84802‑20390.

·
Registered
757 Posts
So I am waiting on some ebay members to open up the switches:
Two 84802-20330 $355.48 This is a Europe switch
One 84802-20320 $323.61 This is a Japan switch

Maybe one of these is also the same as 317.39 (84802-20390)

I have found a total of 7 different part numbers, also they have two US models that go for $339.78 (84802-20400, 84802-20401) as only one that goes for $190.61 (84802-20350) and one more Europe 317.39 (84802-20340)

I am pretty bored...

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
damn I had no idea this alternate switch existed. I've been designing a new board in expressPCB for exactly this purpose. Hope you guys get it working and can save me a lot of efforts!

·
Registered
757 Posts
So I'm starting to think that toyota made the switches so they can be use for either a RHD or LHD celica, all they would have to do is change something in the master switch. I think in order to make this work we are going to have to get a RHD window motor and hard wire it into the switch, we will have to trick the switch. So in theory we will need the master switch 84802-20390, a RHD window motor, and add wires to the motor from the switch.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts