NewCelica.org Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
So other than region and side of steering wheel, whats different? :rofl:
Basically, the switch will be the mirror image of a USDM one, with the mounting points and original auto switch being positioned for mounting in a right hand drive car. It should be possible to swap the mounting points with the removal of a few screws and a little swapping of parts; however, I don't know much about making another auto switch on the other side.

·
Registered
757 Posts
It shouldn't cost anywhere near $700. The master switch you need you can find on eBay, or even maybe on the for sale forums from $70-$150. Just make sure you buy one of the three I posted. Also a automatic passenger side window motor costs around $100-$200 on eBay. Just make sure you buy the right assembly that iToaster posted. So for a couple hundred you can have oem auto down windows, so more holding the passenger window with one finger while the drivers goes down buy itself, lol.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ok, will post pictures up later. I got the RHD auto down and it has the board we need. I plugged it in and pushed for auto down on passenger side, and it only goes down about a half a foot at a time. You do this four times before it goes all the way. The same thing for going auto up. Takes four times to get it to go all the way up. It wants to work but you can hear a click almost like a relay in the master switch itself. So I'm pretty sure we will need the RHD window motor. Also with this switch you lose the driver auto down. So I think this is going to be harder than thought. I'm going to mess with it sometime and see it I can trick it to do what I want without getting to crazy with it, will post my findings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I'm trying this mod too. I've got a RHD UK car (the switch internals look just like the Euro one posted earlier), so all the contacts are there, but opening the thing up and pressing the auto down ones for the passenger door doesn't work. I'm going to try and get hold of the driver door motor for a LHD car, and spot the differences. Mainly posting this to subscribe, as it looks like you guys are well on the way to figuring it out :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi - I'm trying this mod too. I've got a RHD UK car (the switch internals look just like the Euro one posted earlier), so all the contacts are there, but opening the thing up and pressing the auto down ones for the passenger door doesn't work. I'm going to try and get hold of the driver door motor for a LHD car, and spot the differences. Mainly posting this to subscribe, as it looks like you guys are well on the way to figuring it out :D
From what I've seen it looks like the contact boards are the same, but the control boards are slightly different for LHD and RHD cars. On a side note, if you'd like to do me a favor it would be of great help to me for you to post a picture of the wires going into the window switch connector on your car. I'm at the point where I'm trying to wire up one side, but I can't be sure of the wiring for the jam sensor without a little help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've got a spare jdm board if anyones interested.
Its got the 4 pads on either side like.
I got a spare one to take the auto button off and have 2 leds on my switch.

Let me know if anyones interested.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bump!

Has anyone completed this fully yet? Did Proximity ever finish a guide for this??
I've got a 84802-20330 (Euro RHD), the corresponding pigtail, and the RHD driver window motor.
I tried plugging the switch in as is, and there's no longer auto down or up on the left (driver) window, and the right (pass) window only "auto" moves for about 2 seconds either way.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts