I bought another extended warranty for my celica. It cost me 1278 dollars for 49 months/49000 miles. It covers everything basically. I got it from Continental Warranty. Anyone else get a warranty through them? How are they when dealing with warranty work? I hope I made a good choice.
below is a list of what is covered
1. Engine: Crankshaft and bearings, oil pump, internal timing gears, timing chain, camshaft, camshaft bearings, valve lifters, rocker arm assemblies and push rods, pistons and rings, wrist pins, cylinders, connecting rods, distributor drive gear, all internal components of engine block and cylinder heads, if damage is caused by mechanical failure of an internally lubricated part. Gaskets and external seals will be covered if their replacement is necessary to complete an otherwise authorized repair. Broken crankshaft is covered if break is caused by either bearings or piston failure. Valve guides are covered only when guide sleeves have not slipped below original Position.
2. Transmission/Transaxle: The internal components of the automatic transmission or manual transmission, drive chain, drive chain gears, carrier bearings, internal transaxle seal. The manual transmission case and automatic transmission case and torque converter are covered, if damaged by the failure of internally lubricated parts.
3. Differential Assembly Components (2 & 4 wheel drive): Front and rear
differential housing including pinion bearings, side carrier bearings, ring and pinion box and pump housings if damaged by the failure of internally lubricated parts.
4. Timing Belt: If contract holder has followed manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for replacement.
5. CV Joints: CV boots must not be torn at the time of failure. Lubricated joint failure only. Universal Joint (U joint) is not included.
6. Steering: Internally lubricated parts contained within the steering box and pump housing, including rack and pinion, control calves, internal oil seals, bearings and shafts, steering box and pump housings if damaged by the failure of internally lubricated parts.
7. Electrical: Alternator, starter motor, front wiper motor, cooling fan motor, heater blower motor, electric horn, clock, switches for the following: neutral safety, overdrive, reverse indicator, power windows, power door locks.
8. Seals and Gaskets: Head gasket and intake manifold gaskets arc covered for coolant leaks only on vehicles up to 100,000 miles.
9. Air Conditioning: Compressor, however if the damaged or malfunctioning compressor causes damage to the expansion valve, or receiver dryer, the damaged component(s) will he replaced. Coverage applies to factory installed, non-retrofitted units only.
10. Cooling System: Water pump, thermostat, mixture control valve, overflow reservoir.
11. Fuel System: Fuel pump, pressure regulator, metering valve, fuel injectors, vacuum pump, metal fuel delivery lines, fuel tank, fuel injector.
12. Turbo Charger/Supercharger: All internally lubricated parts due to mechanical failure.
13. Brake System: Master cylinder, wheel cylinders, disc brake calipers, ABS master cylinder, vacuum booster, hydraulic lines and fittings, pressure modulator valve, isolation dump valve, accumulator, wheel speed sensors.