NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an issue with my BOV....I have a T connector on the BOV. It goes to my E-Manage Boost sensor, and it has another T connector goes into my dash and another T for Boost gauge and boost controller. When I'm boosting I kept having turbo surge (BOV won't open, so I assume there is not enuf vaccum to pull the BOV open) So I unplug the hose that leads to the dash(gauge and controller). My bov opens alittle and let go of some of the boost, right after the BOV sound I still get the Turbo surge sound. So I connect the BOV to the PCV valve with a T connector. Bov opens bigger and BOV sound is stronger, but right after the BOV sound I still get the Boost Surge sound. I have the Blitz DD Bov, I also tried the HKS SSQV. both has the same result....any1 wanna help??

·
Registered
905 Posts
Idk if this helps....running too many t's could be the problem. What you can also do for basics, check the bov itself. When I switched from a greddy type s to a turboxs rfl, the actual piston inside of the rfl would get stuck.

If that's not the case, try adjusting the screw on the bov. You might have it set too tight and that's why it's only partially opening. I'm guessing this is the reason though.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
WhiteCeli65 said:
Idk if this helps....running too many t's could be the problem. What you can also do for basics, check the bov itself. When I switched from a greddy type s to a turboxs rfl, the actual piston inside of the rfl would get stuck.

If that's not the case, try adjusting the screw on the bov. You might have it set too tight and that's why it's only partially opening. I'm guessing this is the reason though.

thats actually a flaw with the RFL when knew, you need to lube them good lol.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the BOV is set to the most loose point. I can't get rid of those T's...cuz I need them for my e-manage boost sensor, boost gauge and boost controller.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Check your hose line, is it soft? how long is it. If you have soft hose and it runs a long distance then the vacuum can cause the hose to colapse and not get the vacume down to the BOV where you need it.

If you have a lot of T's off of the line your better off to buy a vacuum manifold and run short fat line to it and then run all the accessory lines off the vacuum manifold. That will give you a better more consistant vacuum supply to everything. Vacuum manifolds are cheap (like $30) and they also look much better/cleaner then all the T's coming off.

Also run harder rubber or nylon/polyurethane lines for vacuum lines, that will give you a better vacuum supply at the ends of the lines. You can get specific rubber lines with more/better nylon weave in the rubber lines that is specifically made for vacuum that won't crush as easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts