NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Find someone that has done it before that will help you and teach you the first time. Don't do it by yourself, there is too much that can go wrong if you don't do it properly.

http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/brakes/frontpads/frontpads.html

is an idea of the steps, but like I said, find someone who knows what they're doing.

edit: actually, see if you can contact Ryan (nd 4 spd a gts)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so im in the process. I have the new pads in but i dont know how to retract the caliper pistons to fit the new thicker pads. Anybody know? TRD StreetRacing I assume you had to do this somehow! hehe howd ya do it?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
You need a big C clamp to push the piston back in.

- Uncap the brake resevoir under the hood.
- take an old brake pad and place it over the piston to give u a flat service over the piston, and tighten the c clamp till it's pushed back in.

don't forget to use brake cleaner on the shims and put a good amount of brake grease in between the shims after.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha new problem. I have the whole brake situation figured out, but now i cant get my other rim off. I cant believe this, all the lugs are off and the rim is stuck there. I pulled hard enough to slide the car and nothing. WTF??? Arghhhhhhhh

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
it's pretty hard to push back in if you don't have a clamp

EDIT: PM me if you want. sometimes the rim gets stuck onto the hub. just kick the bottom of the rim/tire once and the top part of the rim will tilt forward. that what i had to do to mine

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hehe thats exactly what i did. I just started kicking it and it came off. :) Anyway, all done, just went out and there working nicely. I'll have to do the rears sunday. It's amazing, that right pad took me like hours, and after i knew the routine i did the left one in about 10 minutes. The worst part is my car is too low for the jack so i had to go through a whole routine to get the car raised. That brought back my headache for sure!

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
yeah it was easy to change the pads.....the hardest part was putting the jack under the car. after that it took me 30 min to change all 4 sides

EDIT: when ur doing the back, just make sure to look at how the pins go in b4 you take them out;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.