NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just got my TRD Big Brake Kit, and the Steel lines say dot 5, but they don't come with better lines for the back so should I use dot 3 or 5?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Don't use DOT5 fluid. It will destroy your brake system. A good DOT 3 or 4 fluid should be fine. Most people don't overheat their brake fluid unless they have upgraded pads and run their cars on a track or mountains.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Motul 600 or ATE Superblue are good Dot 4 spec brake fluids. Also Castrol makes some REALLY good stuff but you are going to pay something like $15 a liter for it.

you can find stuff around like pep boys though...i think valvoline has a synthetic dot3/dot4 brake fluid. I used that in another car and it was good. Was only like $3 a liter...

Andy00-thanks man. I try hard.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Make sure you inspect the lines often. They are not protected by a coat of rubber and small specs of dirt can get in there potentially causing a failure. There is a good reason why manufacturers do not use them on their cars... even expensive exotics. They are a possible liability and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Don't take it the wrong way. Tons of people run them and are fine. Just make sure to check them regularly (always before and after any track events) and replace them every so often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.