NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Kirk
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

Just wondered if anyone has any tips. I'm replacing my brake hoses at the moment, but the bolt connecting the hose to the hard line pipe is rounding off, and it won't budge, it's very difficult to get a good grip on with locking pliers and I don't want to brake the pipe.

Thanks, kirk

·
Kirk
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put dw-40 on the bolt 1 hour before, the spanner is slipping on it, maybe I need to file the head of the bolt down until it fits a smaller spanner

·
Kirk
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

I just managed to do it, requires a heat source such as a blow torch and two locking pliers. Heat up where the bolt and hose connector meet. Put one set of pliers on the hose connector and one on the bolt, make sure it's a tight fit or else it will just keep slipping. Hold one firmly while hitting the other and this will hopefully free up the thread. After this spray with some lubricator and clean the bolt thread with a wire brush/wheel. Go carefully with this one, the pipes at the front of the vehicle are easy to replace if they snap with the bolt, the ones on the rear look like a right pain to install.

Hope it helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.