NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 2001 Celica GTS 2ZZGE 6MT which i usually drive only on weekends. I do push it to the limit when i drive it on the streets on the weekend nights with my frnds....but it seems my OEM front brake pads are wearing out every 1500 kms!! :smug:
I replaced the brake booster, checked whether the rear brakes work properly, etc... all seems to be working fine. But still the OEM pads are wearing out completely every 1500-2000 kms. I am using OEM brake discs. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong? Thanks!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Hi, i have a 2001 Celica GTS 2ZZGE 6MT which i usually drive only on weekends. I do push it to the limit when i drive it on the streets on the weekend nights with my frnds....but it seems my OEM front brake pads are wearing out every 1500 kms!! :smug:
I replaced the brake booster, checked whether the rear brakes work properly, etc... all seems to be working fine. But still the OEM pads are wearing out completely every 1500-2000 kms. I am using OEM brake discs. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong? Thanks!
a couple things:

1 - check your stop light switch adjustment - should be a 2mm air gap between the metal switch body and the plastic stopper pad when the pedal is at full up

2 - check the pedal and master cyl pushrod adjustment

3 - don't drive with 2 feet.

4 - clean and lube the caliper slides

if they are wearing out that fast on OE pads and rotors then you are almost certainly driving with the brakes slightly applied at all times. Now you just need to figure out why.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts