NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Celica and I don't consider the Vibe/Matrix in quite the same class, but I was thrilled when I was able to pick up a 2003 silver Vibe GT with the Celica GT-S motor/6-speed manual, 17 inch wheels, all power, premium monotone paint (no grey cladding), 6-disc in-dash CD changer, and all power windows/locks/mirrors for $17k!

Plus, you have the TONS of interior room, 4 6 foot+ guys can easily ride in this car no problem. It's quiet (until I hit the gas with the AEM intake), rides well, is reliable (it's a Toyota for all intents and purposes), I think it's a great daily driver.

What do you guys think? I'm not trying to say it handles as well or is as quick a Celica GT-S, but I get a lot of goodies of the Celica GT-S for a lot less money.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I think the fact that a supercharger is coming out for this car makes it worth thinking about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The factory supercharger will only be available on the 1ZZ motor as the 2ZZ compression is too high.

·
Registered
481 Posts
why the vibe over the matrix? do you like the body style over the matrix? nothing wrong with the vibe just wondering? :)

also go to matrixvibe.net any quetions about either one you will find it there

QUIKAG said:
I love the Celica and I don't consider the Vibe/Matrix in quite the same class, but I was thrilled when I was able to pick up a 2003 silver Vibe GT with the Celica GT-S motor/6-speed manual, 17 inch wheels, all power, premium monotone paint (no grey cladding), 6-disc in-dash CD changer, and all power windows/locks/mirrors for $17k!

Plus, you have the TONS of interior room, 4 6 foot+ guys can easily ride in this car no problem. It's quiet (until I hit the gas with the AEM intake), rides well, is reliable (it's a Toyota for all intents and purposes), I think it's a great daily driver.

What do you guys think? I'm not trying to say it handles as well or is as quick a Celica GT-S, but I get a lot of goodies of the Celica GT-S for a lot less money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I went with the Vibe is that I prefer the styling a bit and I have a GM credit card and got a $1000 redemption from the card towards the car, plus I got the $2000 GM rebate they had on them, plus I got the car for invoice. The car stickered right at $21.5k and I paid $17k. I don't think I could have gotten a discount like that on the Matrix. They're the same car besides styling, so I didn't have a problem buying it.

I'll tell you one thing, it's the only Pontiac I would even consider owning. :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
i did the same thing got a vibe for a beater/work car and picked it up for 14.5 5spd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts