NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also got 4 brand new tires, 215/45/17, picked up a cat back exhaust on CL for $60 and grabbed a custom made 4 switch set for the ashtray that I am currently using for a parking brake bypass switch, amp cutoff switch and 2 open switches for now.

Currently working on a few projects. Working on a rear seat delete to put my two low profile 12's in (currently making a template out of cardboard), in dash tablet w/ obd bluetooth hookup, thinking about going wingless, wanting to either remove the tint on the 3rd brake light or make a custom cover out of fiberglass and then painting to match the car. I'm also debating wrapping the roof and top of hatch black, filling in the CELICA on the hatch handle black, and lastly putting the jdm power folding mirror setup on my car if I can't sell it.

I'm wanting to get some coilovers too and thinking about the racelands..... BOO!! I know, they suck, they're shitty, you get what you pay for etc. However, I know a few people with them and they are satisfied, not to mention they are $410 shipped including all 4 new sway bar endlinks (which I need anyway, basically a free $100-$150 in parts) and a 2 year warranty on all parts. My next choice would be the megan ez streets but they are $700 plus I'm going to need new endlinks, so we're looking about $850 with a year warranty vs. $400 and a 2 year warranty. ANYWAY, I don't want to turn this into another raceland arguement.

·
Hero
483 Posts
Great progress!

Not exactly sure how I feel about the back bumper though.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Obviously the tablet picture isn't done. That was the first test fitment and since then has been adjusted and is ready for paint.

I have a few ideas to run by you guys that I also mentioned above.
Wingless?
Roof and top of hatch wrap in gloss black?
3rd brake light cover painted 1d0 or just back to stock?
Paint engine plastics 1d0?
Paint select interior pieces 1d0?
I've also been thinking about plastidipping the whole car either Koi Orange or a Metallic silver which would be very similar to the 1d0 I have now. That would run me about $275 in PD and I can do it myself or for $400 they will PD it for me.

Last idea, I'm having a friend design a custom gauge face that would include a tach either identical or very similar to this. Feedback?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Full disclosure. I'm not a big fan of the veilside kit either. The front is too aggressive and the rear I think has too much going on as well. My dream kit would have been the 03+ front with c-one lip, some very simple sides such as trial or Kam sides, and tsunami or kam rear. But like I said, full authentic veilside kit with JDM side markers in the color of my car for $180, I don't think any of you guys would pass that up

·
FU-Q
2,470 Posts
Brandon's 2000 gt RR (1d0)

What kind of tablet are you using for your setup? Thinking of doing this as well since I have 3 console setups sitting around lol

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What kind of tablet are you using for your setup? Thinking of doing this as well since I have 3 console setups sitting around lol
I also had 3 or 4 laying around all that were missing the console door.
I'm using a nook HD. It's a nice little tablet, has bluetooth for an obd
dongle, it can be rooted to run android or ios, good quality screen and
good reactive touch features. The best part is that it can hold up to
an external 64gb through a micro sd. So what I did was buy an extra
cig adapter, splice it in behind the original, plug in the power cable to
the hidden cig adapter, run the aux cord to the back of the head unit
and I now have 64gb of music, videos and I can stream wifi from my
phone to it as well. There is also a cool android app that is like $3 that
allows you to control all the power functions of the tablet. So I can
change the settings to make the tablet turn off the wifi, any music/media
that is playing and turn of the screen when it's not charging (which would
be when I turn the car off) and then likewise I can tell it to turn the screen
on and stay on as long as the tablet is charging.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As I said before I switched out my blue dome light for a hyper white panel. I was able to get a 48 smd led 5050 (3 LED's in each smd led) in a 2 pack on amazon for $8 shipped. Panel fits perfectly and the light is blinding!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts