NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaking some oil, so I jacked up the car and looked under it. Sure enough my brass T BROKE. I just had 2 brass T connected to each other, I remote mounted my Oil pressure sender.

Does anyone know if running the car without the Stock oil sender light, hurt anything?

I am planning on doing that. Just remote send my sending unit and not use ANY T mounts.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
get a sandwich adapter, it goes between oil filter and engine block, it got outlet for oil press. and temp. gauges. THis way, you can leave the stock sensor where it is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FITGT said:
I was leaking some oil, so I jacked up the car and looked under it. Sure enough my brass T BROKE. I just had 2 brass T connected to each other, I remote mounted my Oil pressure sender.

Does anyone know if running the car without the Stock oil sender light, hurt anything?

I am planning on doing that. Just remote send my sending unit and not use ANY T mounts.

I running my car without stock oil pressure sensor for 2 months already. No problems at all. No CELs. As I understand, it's not actually metering pressure, but it's just like "on/off valve" for oil pressure, just for "oil press" light.

But now I'm curious about where VVT(L) system getting oil pressure readings in order to operate correctly? How it will understand that engine have enough oil pressure? Is that something mechanical or electrical? I can't find any additional oil pressure sensors in the cyl head.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. I will get that adapter, but for now I am just going to use my gauge.

·
Registered
361 Posts
01 Spectra GT-S said:
get a sandwich adapter, it goes between oil filter and engine block, it got outlet for oil press. and temp. gauges. THis way, you can leave the stock sensor where it is.
Do you use one?? And where can i get one of these?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
zima said:
But now I'm curious about where VVT(L) system getting oil pressure readings in order to operate correctly? How it will understand that engine have enough oil pressure? Is that something mechanical or electrical? I can't find any additional oil pressure sensors in the cyl head.
There's an oil pressure switch in the head. It's right near the VVTL OCV, on the tranny side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts