NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to replace my headlight bulbs with brighter ones but i dont want to get HIDs
what would everyone suggest to get?
im looking at PIAA bulbs but not sure if theyll fit
if anyone has got brighter bulbs could i see pics on your car?
thanks

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
yup

heres a pic of the osram vs stock ...................... its brighter and whiter by design and not because of it being coated blue (which makes a nice color but reduces light output)

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
if ur going for blue bulbs heres a link of where ive bought many bulbs, some of the cheapest prices and fast shipping

http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10_20

as for which id go for from the blue id get the nokya cosmic white, luminics titanium white and the mtec 4x super white might be the brightest but since they are higher output u may have trouble with the harness later on down the road

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh wow thanks man
i have a lot of options now
and what sort of trouble do mean with the harness? like melting? or placement

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
oh wow thanks man
i have a lot of options now
and what sort of trouble do mean with the harness? like melting? or placement
yeah melting the lil white clip, silverstars did that to both my gt and gts (we do alot of night driving) i have the kyo harness on the gts and nokya on the gt, i like the nokya harness better

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Brightest halogen H7s currently available:
http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254698

Daniel Stern Lighting also sells an H7 based H9 bulb that is even brighter (technically not street legal, but I doubt you'd get in trouble since it isn't a ricer color). Stay away from PIAA and other brands that sell white/blue/purple bulbs. The coating reduces output over stock no matter how much power it claims to draw, even if it looks brighter (whiter = more glare instead of more illumination).

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
you should also replace your grounding wires

do a Search on this...it helps in a lot of suttle ways and its such a good cost/effective mod to do...imo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.