NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey tried to pull lift bolts the first one closest to the front of car was broke at the bottom above tapered piece. So I tried to a couple of the extraction methods and they were unsuccessful. In fact I stripped the threads off the hole! So now I put it back together with no bolt in the hole because I didn't want it flopping out and rolling around loose in there.

So I was thinking the if I drill out the remaining piece and run a little wider bolt in there would this fix the problem? If the bolt is the same length as the stock one? Can I run new threads in that hole and if so would the stock bolt fit?

Any suggestions?

PS The car seems to rum fine I'm not sure how long it was broke I have 115,000 miles on it.

Late

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the same thing happened. Anybody want to enlighten us on this matter because I was thinking of taking the head out.

·
Banned
726 Posts
like one said somewhere on here... drill a tiny hole into the broken part and put super glue onto a little small piece of round metal or something that will fit into the drilled hole. Let the glue dry and pull it out.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Originally posted by Gearbangin
Hey tried to pull lift bolts the first one closest to the front of car was broke at the bottom above tapered piece. So I tried to a couple of the extraction methods and they were unsuccessful. In fact I stripped the threads off the hole! So now I put it back together with no bolt in the hole because I didn't want it flopping out and rolling around loose in there.

So I was thinking the if I drill out the remaining piece and run a little wider bolt in there would this fix the problem? If the bolt is the same length as the stock one? Can I run new threads in that hole and if so would the stock bolt fit?

Any suggestions?

PS The car seems to rum fine I'm not sure how long it was broke I have 115,000 miles on it.

Late
when i found out my lift bolts were broken, the one on the intake side, i tried to extract with a left hand drill and a extracting tool, and it was still stuck..it would not grip and when it did wouldn't even go up and out...So i had to take it the shop....take my advice, take it to go shop that you know they have work on this before, or a shop that you can trust to do the work...

Oh p.s. do not use glue!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
it depends if any parts were damage..but just go to a shop..and take the TSB...a shop that has worked on this problem, and let them give you a quote..but it is 6 hours of labor..

·
Registered
767 Posts
50 buxs an hour.....if that is the best price you can get....then thats is a good deal....if they know what they are doing..it should take a little less then 8 hours...i paid some where in that area too get mine fix too...and that is here in CA..YOu are going to have to judge for you self....what are the prices in your area?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got they rig back, got lift! Cost me a few bones but worth it! He had to do the whole TSB plus run a Heilicoli for the hole that I stripped where the bolt goes in the flange! Now it is stronger than before!

Late

1 - 9 of 9 Posts