NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh, so I see, drill the top off a bit how? to take away enough material so that it's not in the head? Or drill it to extract out? How would you deal with the metal shavings from drilling?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
What I did with the shavings was covered all the area around the whole and then took one of the duster things u blow your keyboard with and bleww the shavings out. And since you have the towels there no shavings will get any where. Also when you have the rocker shaft out you can blow some of them out too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So what i did so far is i actually started to hammer a punch right onto the bolt stub, trying to push it down further, now realizing as i type this that i hope i didn't screw up the threads in the head too bad :p but on the upside, i have got the rocker shaft to start to move out, not far.. maybe a few mm, and now its not moving again. its too dark out to continue tonight, so first thing tomorrow i'll get back to it. hopefully i'll have had a revelation by then.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
AcxiDenTe said:
So what i did so far is i actually started to hammer a punch right onto the bolt stub, trying to push it down further, now realizing as i type this that i hope i didn't screw up the threads in the head too bad :p but on the upside, i have got the rocker shaft to start to move out, not far.. maybe a few mm, and now its not moving again. its too dark out to continue tonight, so first thing tomorrow i'll get back to it. hopefully i'll have had a revelation by then.
If u moved it a little that is good. Now dont be afraid to hammer it hard. I had to put some good force behind it to get it out. And remember knock the rockershaft out just enought to get the bolt out. The farther you go the harder it will be to put back in. I remember I was hammer it so hard I could feel the bounce back in the punch. Once it started to move though it got easier.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm going to go pick up a bigger hammer tomorrow, and a couple new tools to replace ones i've kind of demolished (i didn't have a punch so i was using a 6" extension and a socket against the rocker shaft, lol.) but with my 8oz hammer, i'm givin 'er and its not budging, i'll only go til the bolt will come out, i'm pretty sure if i go some further than that, the rockers at the other end of the engine will become loose, i really hope i don't mess somethin in the head up tho.. i fix airplanes for a living, and if i break things there, it can cost tens of thousands of dollars, but i don't have to pay for it, i break somethin here, i don't have the money to fix it, lol

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
AcxiDenTe said:
I'm going to go pick up a bigger hammer tomorrow, and a couple new tools to replace ones i've kind of demolished (i didn't have a punch so i was using a 6" extension and a socket against the rocker shaft, lol.) but with my 8oz hammer, i'm givin 'er and its not budging, i'll only go til the bolt will come out, i'm pretty sure if i go some further than that, the rockers at the other end of the engine will become loose, i really hope i don't mess somethin in the head up tho.. i fix airplanes for a living, and if i break things there, it can cost tens of thousands of dollars, but i don't have to pay for it, i break somethin here, i don't have the money to fix it, lol
Yeah once it starts moving easily just tap it little by little until you see the hole where the bolt is and then stop. You should have any problems. Yeah I bought a set of punches so maybe you just are not getting enought force to it. If u need anything just let me know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hazaa! the bolt is free, now i'm just struggling to put the shaft back in place, its just as tough as it was coming out, except now there is a significant lack of leverage

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Just make sure u line it up and it goes back in right. I had to punch mineback out several times before I got it right.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have no idea how to get it back in, even with the bolt hole out, it was still needing to be hammered out a little more, it didn't ease up, and so now its just as difficult to push, but i have nowhere to hit it, the head is in the way. how'd you do it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey dudes, where can I get these bolts online? please help

·
Registered
944 Posts
pics of the procedure for loosening the tensioner would be great since I have never messed with the tensioner and the room there is very tight

·
Registered
944 Posts
I just got done doing mine. When I took the shaft out, I still had to drill because the piece of the bolt was fused and recessed in the hole. I got a concrete drill bit and it did the trick, it split the bolt into two pieces, one fell out the other I pulled.
Despite the threads on the head being somewhat stripped, I tried to screw an old lift bolt in there and it worked plus it rethreaded the hole without having to use a tap. I then put both new bolts and everything is fine. The pics helped a lot.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When I re-hook the tensioner and tighten the two bolts that hold it onto the head of the block, do I have to unhook it still. And if so, how?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Look at the 2000 BGB EM-33. Put a wrench on the crankshaft pulley bolt and turn it backwards. It should release. If not, then use a tool or your finger from the top.
ΔB

·
Registered
64 Posts
This mehod is Sick Thanks Phillycheese.
Finally did it with a profesionnal toyota racing mecanicien in his garage and it take 2 long hour and we had a little problem to take the shaft of but the mecanicien is just to sick and know th 2zz a lot.

Again thanks a lot for the TSB.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
no problem I am glad that it helped you.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.