NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so me and my friend open up the engine and find a broken lift bolt. After reading some posts, i dont feel like drilling a hole in to the broken lift bolt and superglueing it out. I have the extended warrenty, so toyota should fix this problem for me. However, how should i present this problem to the dealership? I dont want to say i opened up the engine and found a broken flange bolt b/c then they might be like, "well you opened it up, its your fault". What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
881 Posts
You should read some more threads concerning the "competence" of Toyota dealers and then decide if you really want them to undertake such a daunting task such as removing your lift bolts.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xNiNjAx said:
You should read some more threads concerning the "competence" of Toyota dealers and then decide if you really want them to undertake such a daunting task such as removing your lift bolts.
why? do they do a bad job?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppuguy
ok, so me and my friend open up the engine and find a broken lift bolt. After reading some posts, i dont feel like drilling a hole in to the broken lift bolt and superglueing it out. I have the extended warrenty, so toyota should fix this problem for me. However, how should i present this problem to the dealership? I dont want to say i opened up the engine and found a broken flange bolt b/c then they might be like, "well you opened it up, its your fault". What do you guys suggest?
I would say that your car is feeling weak in lift, tell them theres no kick after 6k RPMS and I think theres a lift bolt TSB tell them you know about that and you want them checked under warranty. You have to be bossy with dealerships don't let them bullsh!t you around. If they start saying I'm not gonna cover it, tell them you paid all this money for the extra warranty to do jack **** and you wanna talk to a manager. Toyota seems to be the worst dealer with getting things fixed. I got my oil changed there and they put a dent in my car and tried to deny it and say there not gonna fix it, so I made a scene in front of all there customers and demanded a manager and after telling him what happened he told me to come back the next day and they would fix it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn... i'm gonna make sure that i never buy a toyota again. I know exactly what your talking about. I've been the dealership before with problems, and they're always a jerk. I'm gonna go down to the dealership hopefully soemtime this week and try to work this out with them. Hopefully they wont fook up my car.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by xNiNjAx
Let's just say I wouldn't trust them to do an oil change.
:werd: got mine done there once and they dented my car, never went back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts