NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Felt like sharing my build progress of my car sence i bought her 2 years ago. Soon will be an autocross car with a fully built engine. Warning: apparently tap a talk is getting greedy and only uploads shitty quality pictures with out paying a fee.

How comes the fun stuff.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks good! Glad to see this chassis still getting love and being used for autox/track events even 20 years later. Keep up the solid work!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! Glad to see this chassis still getting love and being used for autox/track events even 20 years later. Keep up the solid work!
Thanks im also going to rip out the front sub frame and powerwash paint and replace all the bushings. Its had an oil leak for awhile previously and could use some tlc.

I already did the rear when i put in new coil overs last summer.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First attempt to remove a bolt on the subframe .... and it broke. Fml

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting everything powerwashed and painted. Thinking gloss black on arms and cradle and red swaybar. New poly bushings all way around.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
All the exhaust piping and turbo

Also finished the polish on the head and got the new valves lapped in. Next i need to remove old stems seals, heads already decked(not pic shown) and mock up a turbo manifold

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me and my uncle made a custom turbo manifold, and i built a full exhaust 3inch front to back. I still need to add in my flex pipe and fully weld it but other than that its all done.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got back into her today, shes starting to look like an engine agian, got the bottom end finished with upgrade bearings, 9:1 mahle pistons, upgraded rods, upgraded oil pump, arp everything i could get moroso pan and finished the valve lash. ( god i hate these engine for that)

Head has mwr valves seals and all their goodies minus cams.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Iv been a bit lazy lately but i put in a few hours today.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not bad for eye ballin on a stand. My goal is just 2 cuplers per pipe so im gona get rid of that middle cupler i just gota play with some straight cuts. Also my turbo pipe hotside is 2inch and im going to be doing 2.5 on the cold side.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Glad you're still keeping up the good work! Looking forward to when it all comes together =)
Thanks im looking forward to it too. I have a few more things i need to get. Mainly the ecu and i am waiting for my transmission to get done with the LSD install. All my gauges and sensors arived today.

Looked like xmas on the porch when i came home today.

Still waiting on my fusebox, switch board and a few other odds and ends.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
That moment you give up on building a car and deside ur going to the moon instead.

Im not sure what all im going to have set up but i do have a manual fan switch that will ground the fans to turn on and the red switch is a 3 stage off on on so what im going to do aslong as aem ems4 lets me is run with the boost controller OFF so its just gate, middle pos will ground singal for med boost and up pos will be high boost. Will work in theory but i dont have the ems to play with yet.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts