NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Cold side just needs welded. I also need to get my transmission back just to make sure itll clear but i doubt ill hav an issue.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome build mate! This is what I dreamed of doing back when I owned the celica!
Will be a super fun auto-x car. Will you do any circuit work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Awesome build mate! This is what I dreamed of doing back when I owned the celica!
Will be a super fun auto-x car. Will you do any circuit work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah every so often theres a track about an hour away from me

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Its been a while sense my last update, i just finished up my wiring harness today for all my add ons. Just need to test all the relays make sure everything works the way i planned and make sure theres no suprises.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Made this gauge pod last night not sure how im gona mount it yet. Buttond up a few other things im just waiting on arp flywheel bolts then ill beable to put get the clutch and everything else put on

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
First time this girl has had front wheel in a very long time. I powerwashed and cleaned the engine bay the best i cud i also fixed where the frame was cut and painted it and my big ol mess of wires i gota deal with tomorrow.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Switch panel wiring is all done and ssme with the gauges now i just have to finish up the gauge pod. Get it 100% to shape and figure a way to mount it solid to the dash.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ha! I don’t have the air ducts or blower fan working on the play car so I banged the oil pressure gauge in the blower bent beside the steer wheel. If I need another gauge it will go in one of those in the centre. I don’t have a radio so moulded up some Perspex, covered in CF wrap for that centre section. Be cool for auto cross to have a big arsed ( not legal) gps screen for direction change.. of course if you have time to read gauges you’re not driving hard enough.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ha! I don’t have the air ducts or blower fan working on the play car so I banged the oil pressure gauge in the blower bent beside the steer wheel. If I need another gauge it will go in one of those in the centre. I don’t have a radio so moulded up some Perspex, covered in CF wrap for that centre section. Be cool for auto cross to have a big arsed ( not legal) gps screen for direction change.. of course if you have time to read gauges you’re not driving hard enough. View attachment 54589
Every gauge i have comes with a preset warning when it falls out of a range i say is acceptable. Im not half assing this build. If its not done correctly its not getting done to my car. Im building it to race not to fall apart and have gauges fall out of vents during a 2step launch on sticky tires

·
Registered
37 Posts
I built sandwich plates from Perspex that go either side of the vent and holds it under spring tension

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
There is a serious benifit to having all your gauges in one place. A quick glance will give you all the information you need to decide to push harder or take the next few corners easy and power out after.

I have to finish the gauge pod still but i tested all the wiring last night everything works properly. Ground signals are sent then they need to be and same with power from the switch panel.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Realised the powersteering pump return pipe was in the way of the turbo inlet.

Cut the tab and rewelded it. Isnt pretty vut itll work.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I should of went with a smaller turbo ... i have to grind some off the powersteering pump to make it clear...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
If i do a different turbo its going to change my piping thats my downside. I have to grind quite a bit to get it clocked where i need it

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hopefully this is the final time i have to put the engine in during this process.

·
Registered
86 Posts
And I thought swapping my blown engine out was a pain in the ass. You sir are a legend! People on the facebook version of newcelica would love to see this stuff

21 - 40 of 41 Posts