NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
And I thought swapping my blown engine out was a pain in the ass. You sir are a legend! People on the facebook version of newcelica would love to see this stuff
Id get to many posts from people asking me to work on their honda LOL... the pizza guy that comes around has already asked me twice lmao

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Figure ill post an update...was to hard to make the gauge pod with the dash in the car... so... out it came.. my back is gona b sore for a week after this one.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Some updates, just made brackets for the new oil and powersteering coolers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just some updates. Putting the harness back where its suposed to be, cleaning up some wiring and finished plumming the oil cooler, i need a few fittings for the powersteering and some 5/8 hose.

Still need to finish welding the BOV IAT and MAP sensor bungs. BOV is tacked and is currently installed

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Having a absolute shit time trying to get the pass side half shaft in and figure how the hell im going to put a filter on this turbo...

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,098 Posts
Yeah getting those shafts in can be a bit painful at times, especially the shorter one.

Whenever I've done it in the past, I think I would have used a jack to raise the transmission slightly higher to make the spline teeth on both parts line up a little straighter. Once lined up, I go ham on shaking the hub back and fourth while occasionally turning the shaft a tiny bit at a time. Normally doesn't take too long to hear that satisfying 'pop' sound which tells me that the shaft is all the way back in.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yeah getting those shafts in can be a bit painful at times, especially the shorter one.

Whenever I've done it in the past, I think I would have used a jack to raise the transmission slightly higher to make the spline teeth on both parts line up a little straighter. Once lined up, I go ham on shaking the hub back and fourth while occasionally turning the shaft a tiny bit at a time. Normally doesn't take too long to hear that satisfying 'pop' sound which tells me that the shaft is all the way back in.
My issue is the turbo housing is in my way. Im gona work on it some more tonight but i may have to end up with a different turbo or header combo which im not gona be happy about

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Pulled the trigger on a new turbo and gona build a new header. Got a few new tools so it should look a hell of alot nicer on the welds n fit up.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Welp engines back out... cutting the header tomorrow i shud have my new turbo, aftermarket exhaust housing an filter tuesday so i can start doing the fit up

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Finally got my housing.... and the AFTERMARKET gt2860 is no where close to a genuine on the exhaust side...
Back to the drawing board on this 1

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Been a minuet.... well i bought awhole different turbo setup... i went with an actual gtx2860r cartridge.... and a .60 a/r compressor housing.... i dont have the mounting hardware for it yet though....

But either way iv fabed up where i want the turbo to mount and make sure it clears everything in the car, and im going to use that to make a permanent jig out of 1/2inch aluminum plate and 1-1/2inch square tubing to hold everything during the welding process of the header.

And if it turns out well and if theres any want or need i can make more of the headers for others too.

I want to fine tune it a smidge to make the downpipe easier but ill have to see exactly where it all comes out. I havnt seen pictures of where others turbos are placed other than the pictures on MWRs setup but i think overall the setup i have will be more efficient on the wastegate. Not sure if i want a ram horn style or to freestyle it...

this is the old flange from my last header me an my uncle fabbed up i have a new flange for welding i just used it to help make the jig. So i didnt waste a new flange.

Theres still some adjustments iv made after these pictures so it wont land exactly wheres its shown but its close enough.

I also make some EXTRA clearance....

... on another note i finally bought the computer for this project so right now i pretty much have everything ill need to get this car finished and will post updates more often.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Holding it all with some scrap stainless coupons but it fits like a glove.

Jig is 90% done and my computer arrived

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Got the header flange prepped and started. It got warped to shit to i gota take it to work and see what i can do with it... pretty irritated tbh.

2000 GTS Turbo

41 - 56 of 56 Posts