NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you have seen the ad for these engines pop up over the years, and I just bought one. All I know about it so far is what the seller claims is in it and that it's a 1ZZ from the 1998-1999 Corolla (non-VVT-i). Supposedly it was designed and built by TRD for 1/4 midget race cars, and seeing as I know nothing about midget car racing, and have no information on what exactly the specs are on the modifications, I'd like to see if anyone has come across these or knows anything about them.

Here are two of the ads for these engines:
A few years ago Toyota Racing Development was going to sponsor a small car/midget racing program. A group of these motors were built for that. Toyota pulled out of the program. This is one of those motors. Has never been run or even had any fluids other than factory lubricating all internals. These motors on the DYNO ran 180 HP at the Crank. TRD Built, Performance rods, Billet crank, Cam, HD oil pump, Forged pistons & Polished head ports
and
THIS AUCTION IS FOR A NEW HAND ASSEMBLED TOYOTA 1ZZ ENGINE.THIS MOTOR WAS BUILT BY THE TECHNICIANS AT THE TOYOTA RESEARCH DEVELOPEMENT FACILITIES HERE IN SO. CAL FOR THE 1/4 MIDGET PROGRAM.EVERY COMPONENT IS BRAND NEW,NO USED OR REFURBISHED PARTS AND NEVER INSTALLED.THE MOTOR IS SET TO DELIVER 200+ HORESPOWER
So far, I've tried Toyota customer service, TRD tech support, several midget racing engine building companies, MWR, and DD Performance Research and nobody has any info.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
We might be as lost as you on this one. There was a thread about this some time back but everyone was clueless. I don't think that has changed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We might be as lost as you on this one. There was a thread about this some time back but everyone was clueless. I don't think that has changed.
Yeah, just puttin feelers out to see if I get any bites.

:bs: i say

:whogives: anyways, its still a 1ZZ non VVT
Thanks for your support, Smaay, very helpful. :fawk:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.