NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay peoples, it's time to swap out the stock exhaust on my GT. I'm thinking either an aftermarket straight through cat-back with just a small can at the rear(I don't want the one between the rear wheels) and will be also adding a high flow cat. The one I intend to buy has a pipe diameter of 2.3 inches.

OR

I can get a universal carbon wrapped titanium muffler, high flow cat and get a shop to run the pipes. I won't go anywhere without a mandrel bender and am thinking 2.5 or 3 inch.

What do you think? Is three inch too big????

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So full custom then, don't get a cat back?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
if you're planning on turbo go with 3". For NA you won't get as much out of it with 3" as you would with 2.5"

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
TRDoug said:
So full custom then, don't get a cat back?
If you have money for Cat-Back(bolt-on) exhaust for the Celica, then go for it..
If you want more performance and under budget, go with custom full straight pipe with highflow cat and attach the universal straight through exhaust....
One straigh pipe is better then having multiple pieces with flanges to connect them....
I've got my straight pipe with high flow CAT with the flange at stock location at the rear axel... so that I can bolt on any exhaust design for Celica....

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Unless you're going turbo, don't waste your money on a custom setup. Just get one of the many good axle-back exhausts and call it a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts