NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a 2000-2002 Celica. I had test driven some and I noticed there is a clutch vibrying behaviour in some. Some were less some were more. The type of vibration is the same as if you were to pull on the shifter without taking the gear out, so it's basicly the engine vibration. The higher the RPMs the more I feel the vibrations. It's usualy near the end of letting go of the clutch, but in some Celicas it was through the whole motion, fully in to fully out. I'm just concerned not to mistake this vibrations for clutch sputtering where it could mean the clutch is going. Dealer told me, this means the clutch is going. Anybody can provide some feedback on how the Celica clutch should feel and what to look for. Am I being maybe to sensitive? All of those celicas had under 100K. Thanx!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well i think that the real way to test the clutch is to be going about 25 mph in fourth gear and punch it, if it slips then your clutch is going, if not then your good. Anybody else tried this, i remember seeing something on it a little while back, but im not 100% sure. Maybe try a search...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts