NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just wana check with you all and let you know Im getting a new engine for my Celica Gt. Im getting it through Lowmilelageengine.com . They seem pretty damn trust worthy with a one year warranty and carfax and the better business buerro doesnt have any bad on them. So soon I should be driving my baby once again. Might take the old motor and build a turbo set up.:bang:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im just getting a stock 1zz fe with around 24k miles on it for 1950.00 I just want the car back thats all. I wanted something better but had to pass cuz Im so far in the hole :confused:

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
You can find engines much cheaper from private party sellers, but you do take a risk buying from them with no real warranty.

try ebay, matrixowners, 9thgencorolla, spyderchat, genvibe. I've seen "good running" 1zz's pulled out of spyders for swaps and put up for sale for as little as $500.

Good luck getting it back on the road.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Go to sfbay.craigslist.com. Someone is selling a 2zz for around 6/700.. See if maybe he can ship it. Mileage is more than 100k tho.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Go to sfbay.craigslist.com. Someone is selling a 2zz for around 6/700.. See if maybe he can ship it. Mileage is more than 100k tho.
He needs more then the engine alone to do this swap, hes trying to save. NOt worth it. I bought my 06 1zzfe w/ 30k miles for 1200$, could have bougth a 07 w/ 10k miles for 1,000$ but someone snatched it before me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have it on the way to my fathers work dock to make it really cheap to ship. Its a newer 1zzfe with only 24k on it. But I have to use my own intake and exhaust manifold. Not that it matters. Im going to be in the garage for many hours here soon after alot of cigarettes and pissing and moaning Im hoping to hear the celica pur once more lol. Thanks for the info tho everyone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey man wanted to let you know. i wanted to buy from them too, but my budget wasnt up to par. and of course i wanted to buy from them because they were just to damn trust worthy and 1 year warranty. good luck on the new motor. i just did mines recently -.- with some slight problems to take care of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.