NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy Celica 7th gen and in my country there is small number of them on market so instead of TS or VVTL-i on LPG my choose is VVT-i on gasoline, because LPG in TS is almost like bomb.
Over 7 years I had 5th gen and I know everything about that car but 7th gen is new fot me so I need samoe advice guys, what is that I need for looking when buying?
And most important is there any way that I kan now for sure dose VVT-i oil comsumption is high or is fixed?

Thanks a lot guys, any help is welcome .

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,310 Posts
Welcome to the board, Mello. '03+ should not have the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnx but I am from Serbia and in my country there is only few of Celicas on sale. I am looking for one imported from Swiss few mouths ago by car diealeship, here it is link Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTi | Polovni Automobili

But there is no service book so dilership can't tell me is oil consumption fixed, they said that is no problem with that but I am looking for way to check that for sure but how?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,310 Posts
The Euro fix was a replacement short block. So, serial #'s may not match. A leakdown test is what is usually done to determine if the consumption problem is present.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts