NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a cel on. I took it to my mechanic thinking that it might be the O2 sensor. He hooked up his reader, and it said bank 1 too lean. I don't remeber the code number. After some discussion, I am leaning toward a malfunctioning MAF. I removed it and cleaned it. No change. The car seems fine. Runs fine and still will hit lift. I have also reset the ecu, but it came back on a few days later. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured I should tell ya'll that I'm running a K&N Typhoon short ram (too much rain and snow for a CAI). I cleaned and reoiled the filter this weekend when I cleaned the MAF. Thanks..

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Could also be a poorly manufactured CAI or, as many other people have, you could have cleaned the wrong part of the MAF. Did you clean the 2 teeny round wires down in the shaft or the big bulb thats easy to see?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boosted,
I used brake cleaner to clean the maf. I sprayed it up into the sensor as well as the larger bulb. I think my intake is pretty sound. It's made by K&N, and they've been around for a few years now. I'm thinking of buying a new maf from the local toyota parts house. I think that I will wait till I reset the ecu. Do you have any idea how long the ecu has to not see the cel conditions before it will turn off the light on its own? My mechanic friend said that the acuras are like thirty key cycles. I dunno.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
SharkyGTS said:
Boosted,
I used brake cleaner to clean the maf. I sprayed it up into the sensor as well as the larger bulb. I think my intake is pretty sound. It's made by K&N, and they've been around for a few years now. I'm thinking of buying a new maf from the local toyota parts house. I think that I will wait till I reset the ecu. Do you have any idea how long the ecu has to not see the cel conditions before it will turn off the light on its own? My mechanic friend said that the acuras are like thirty key cycles. I dunno.
yeah its quit a few key cycles - easier to just disconnect the battery or pull the EFI main fuse for 5 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts