NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a place to get it.

IPN MOTORSPORTS. thinking about getting it...someone else get the jump on me...i hear it rocks.

gear ratios would let you stay deep in lift on every shift. (dont bother doing the math...theres always a little slippage)

its also built for road course(the drag times are just a good consequence)

someone try it out...i dont have my money with me right now.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, but I think it would suck for those that like to use the 6th gear overdrive. But then again, if the ratios are closer, you might be able to get a better top speed as well. Who knows?

·
Registered
17 Posts

The smooth shift work which does not let escape the power band. The cross mission which finishes to utilize engine power. The cross mission in order pulls out engine power to the maximum, to convey to drive system most efficiently. It sets the gear ratio only of the C-ONE which is suited for sport travelling the on the basis of the data which is driven out at the place of encounter of motor sport.

As for the manufacturer genuine mission because of the overdrive gear where the top gear of 5 fast gears or 6 fast gears is extreme, there is no power impression, furthermore each gear leaves by any means due to the entire ratio because it can connect to those.

The C-ONE mission sets the top gear during gear comparing below with

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
PorkchopSpecblue GT-S said:
Whats the price on that? Get me a price and maybe if its a good deal I'll consider it.
Japan retail is roughly $2k. Figure a good deal more than that to get it here to the states.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The only car that you should put that in is a race car...honestly why would a street car need it...yeh you stay deep in lift but does it make you a lot faster? Besides that when highway driving it would be like your always in 5th instead of 6th because the ratio is so high...they should make a 7th gear for crusing and put the ratio @ .627 or so.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
03'GTS said:
The only car that you should put that in is a race car...honestly why would a street car need it...yeh you stay deep in lift but does it make you a lot faster? Besides that when highway driving it would be like your always in 5th instead of 6th because the ratio is so high...they should make a 7th gear for crusing and put the ratio @ .627 or so.
Not only that, it would probably make it even easier to mis-shift since the gears would be even shorter. Imagine shifting into 1st or second thinking you have the stock transmission and overrevving to 10k. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
MilinGTS said:
that is a very incorrect statement...if you misshifted you would fly to a much lower rpm than you would with the wider gears.

its actually safer.

give IPN motorsports a call..they quoted me about 2500 to 3k.
Oh, my bad, I get what you are saying now. Took me a while to think about it the right way though. Sorry. 2500 to 3000 doesn't sound all that bad, but the question is whether the transmission is reliable and how much it would cost to install the thing.

·
Registered
519 Posts
it's a bit pricey
i was looking into this a long time ago
i was going to ask my friend to bring a set over from Japan when he went back
but i think it's a bit too expensive
plus, TRD japan made a demo final gear already, they have it on the C-One track cars that u see on the C-One site
it mite be in production, the price will be more reasonable and it does pretty much the samething

·
Registered
519 Posts
just remembered 1 more thing
if u guys think the C-One crossmission gear ratio is a bit harsh on street, TRD Japan made a crossmission also, and the gear ratios r more modest
hope this helps
i really want one too, but probably need to sell kidney or something
plus, for the price, i'd rather spend it on a 3ZZ

·
Registered
560 Posts
03'GTS said:
Putting the GTS deep in lift will make the car much faster!! You'll always be in the meatier part of the powerband which will make you pull harder.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I wonder if the C-One gearset comes with syncros. It would suck to spend all that money and still have crappy stock syncros that wear out all the time.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
2002GT_Celica said:

Oh, my bad, I get what you are saying now. Took me a while to think about it the right way though. Sorry. 2500 to 3000 doesn't sound all that bad, but the question is whether the transmission is reliable and how much it would cost to install the thing.
Why would this make the transmission more or less reliable if installed correctly? The question isn't if it would be reliable, it's if we can even get it over here for a good price. C-ONE has been making stuff for Toyota's for years.

Not only that, it would probably make it even easier to mis-shift since the gears would be even shorter. Imagine shifting into 1st or second thinking you have the stock transmission and overrevving to 10k

Both of these points make no sense at all. Throws and gear ratios' have nothing to do with eachother. We're talking about changing ratio's to make it easier to stay in lift. Not changing the shifting style or throws.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
gts24 said:
Both of these points make no sense at all. Throws and gear ratios' have nothing to do with eachother. We're talking about changing ratio's to make it easier to stay in lift. Not changing the shifting style or throws.
OK, about the reliability, I was just speculating. I am not by any means tearing down the transmission. And about the mis-shift thing, if you actually read the entire thread (which I suspect you haven't) then you would know that I retracted that statement and admitted that I was wrong in making such a statement. We all make mistakes you know.

·
Registered
238 Posts
don't flame but why don't you guys try racing in GT3 with a sports tranny...to me its almost pointless, it is better in someway cause you always stay in the high part of the power band but you end up shifting so much more frequently...and your top speed is limited not increased...think about it the ratio's of 6th C-one and 5th stock are the same...so your top speed is the max of 5th...whats that 120-130...I don't know don't have my Celi yet. Personally I'd rather stay with stock tranny but maybe some faster engaging titanium synchros if those are/could even be made

1 - 20 of 68 Posts