NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
The only car that you should put that in is a race car...honestly why would a street car need it...yeh you stay deep in lift but does it make you a lot faster? Besides that when highway driving it would be like your always in 5th instead of 6th because the ratio is so high...they should make a 7th gear for crusing and put the ratio @ .627 or so.

·
Registered
238 Posts
don't flame but why don't you guys try racing in GT3 with a sports tranny...to me its almost pointless, it is better in someway cause you always stay in the high part of the power band but you end up shifting so much more frequently...and your top speed is limited not increased...think about it the ratio's of 6th C-one and 5th stock are the same...so your top speed is the max of 5th...whats that 120-130...I don't know don't have my Celi yet. Personally I'd rather stay with stock tranny but maybe some faster engaging titanium synchros if those are/could even be made

·
Registered
238 Posts
MilinGTS said:
i would get it but im probably selling my car soon enough that it wouldnt be worth it.

honestly the decision is 13 second celica or low 12 second subaru...and its not that hard to decide.
Your absolutly right...I'm chosing the Celica. Honestly you guys 13.1 if pretty ****ing fast. With lots of mods and a 75 shot that can be done. Stock Supra TT 6spd runs 13.7, same with RX-7, Uh a 13.1 Celi would even smoke those cars lightly moded. And I think a 13.1 Celi would be streetable as well. It just take money. Why do you need to go faster, yeh its fun but **** 13.5 is fast enough for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.