NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
2002GT_Celica said:

Oh, my bad, I get what you are saying now. Took me a while to think about it the right way though. Sorry. 2500 to 3000 doesn't sound all that bad, but the question is whether the transmission is reliable and how much it would cost to install the thing.
Why would this make the transmission more or less reliable if installed correctly? The question isn't if it would be reliable, it's if we can even get it over here for a good price. C-ONE has been making stuff for Toyota's for years.

Not only that, it would probably make it even easier to mis-shift since the gears would be even shorter. Imagine shifting into 1st or second thinking you have the stock transmission and overrevving to 10k

Both of these points make no sense at all. Throws and gear ratios' have nothing to do with eachother. We're talking about changing ratio's to make it easier to stay in lift. Not changing the shifting style or throws.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Motaskate said:
is there some math wiz in here that could firgure out what our cars would top out at using the ratios and final drv... or just a guestimate... Also is this just gear replacement or a whole new tranny, cuz two g's for gears is just rape.

The problem here is this: This stuff is not sold in the U.S. We have to get an importer to bring it over, and importer fee's can be pretty huge. This is a total Japanese Domestic Market product. If someone actually does it, they'll see the rewards in a huge way. But it's gonna be pricey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.