NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, but I think it would suck for those that like to use the 6th gear overdrive. But then again, if the ratios are closer, you might be able to get a better top speed as well. Who knows?

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
03'GTS said:
The only car that you should put that in is a race car...honestly why would a street car need it...yeh you stay deep in lift but does it make you a lot faster? Besides that when highway driving it would be like your always in 5th instead of 6th because the ratio is so high...they should make a 7th gear for crusing and put the ratio @ .627 or so.
Not only that, it would probably make it even easier to mis-shift since the gears would be even shorter. Imagine shifting into 1st or second thinking you have the stock transmission and overrevving to 10k. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
MilinGTS said:
that is a very incorrect statement...if you misshifted you would fly to a much lower rpm than you would with the wider gears.

its actually safer.

give IPN motorsports a call..they quoted me about 2500 to 3k.
Oh, my bad, I get what you are saying now. Took me a while to think about it the right way though. Sorry. 2500 to 3000 doesn't sound all that bad, but the question is whether the transmission is reliable and how much it would cost to install the thing.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
gts24 said:
Both of these points make no sense at all. Throws and gear ratios' have nothing to do with eachother. We're talking about changing ratio's to make it easier to stay in lift. Not changing the shifting style or throws.
OK, about the reliability, I was just speculating. I am not by any means tearing down the transmission. And about the mis-shift thing, if you actually read the entire thread (which I suspect you haven't) then you would know that I retracted that statement and admitted that I was wrong in making such a statement. We all make mistakes you know.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
WillyK said:

Why don't you buy it yourself then and quit your bitching about it?
I don't think he has the money...and other people probably don't want to risk messing up their car. Yes, the company is well-known and has a good track record, but who here is really so serious about racing their Celica that they would want to spend the time and the money to get this transmission that might not be that good in the first place. I mean, we haven't even heard anything from the company that makes it, what gear ratios this thing has, and how exactly the thing would help GT-S owners. Everything at this point is pretty much speculation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.