NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
603 Posts
The celicas top out in 5th drop 6 and your top speed will be lower.
Anyways I get your point... Just install the 1st 5 gears and put stock 6th on...What's the point of running over 130mph..if you beat the guy ti'll 130..Why risk your life..

"Sir,,,,I'll have mine with the stock 6th stirred not shaken..."

BRGS
RED

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
it would be easy to make a 7-speed for the celica....

1-3-5-7
2-4-6-R

same width for shift gates.

the C-One transmission is like cruising on the highway in 5th gear on the stock transmission...figure out your mileage estimates from there.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
t2000gts said:
it would be easy to make a 7-speed for the celica....

1-3-5-7
2-4-6-R

same width for shift gates.

the C-One transmission is like cruising on the highway in 5th gear on the stock transmission...figure out your mileage estimates from there.
thats a tiny price to pay for the ability to run consistant 13's

and NOT having to beat on your car to get those times.

imagine not having to slip or powershift to stay in lift?

your car would love you.

come on people grow some ball and do it.

dont any of you LIKE going faster?

it kills me that the cars tranny is so poorly matched...and i go out and find a distributor to do it and the product and no one wants it?
does no one care about performance?

to me this is the FIRST mod i would do.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
xevilx...i called the shop..they can get it.

they got me my c-one kit.

it took a while cause the port they ordered it from was on strike.

i forget their number

but look em up on google.

its someting like
www.ipnindustries.com

or www.ipn-industries.com

or
www.ipn-motorsports.com

its one of those and oyu have to call them.

someone do this...i want someone to make a killer GTS.
call up ipn and tell them milin with the blue celica sent ya.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
WillyK said:

Why don't you buy it yourself then and quit your bitching about it?
I don't think he has the money...and other people probably don't want to risk messing up their car. Yes, the company is well-known and has a good track record, but who here is really so serious about racing their Celica that they would want to spend the time and the money to get this transmission that might not be that good in the first place. I mean, we haven't even heard anything from the company that makes it, what gear ratios this thing has, and how exactly the thing would help GT-S owners. Everything at this point is pretty much speculation.

·
Registered
255 Posts
MilinGTS said:
i would get it but im probably selling my car soon enough that it wouldnt be worth it.

honestly the decision is 13 second celica or low 12 second subaru...and its not that hard to decide.
Your absolutly right...I'm chosing the Celica. Honestly you guys 13.1 if pretty ****ing fast. With lots of mods and a 75 shot that can be done. Stock Supra TT 6spd runs 13.7, same with RX-7, Uh a 13.1 Celi would even smoke those cars lightly moded. And I think a 13.1 Celi would be streetable as well. It just take money. Why do you need to go faster, yeh its fun but **** 13.5 is fast enough for me.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Millin is right - the gains from staying in lift will far outweight the losses to having to shift a little sooner. Plus I almost never used 6th on my cars, I think this would be a great mod because in addition to stayingin lift your going to pull harder in each respective gear because of the change in reduction ratios.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hey Griffin, do you think this would affect your gas mileage? And what about strain on the engine? Do you think the Celica would last more than a year? I'm really interested in these but I don't know if I wanna shell out that kinda money yet, especially if it'll shorten the lifespan of my Celi.

·
Registered
452 Posts
is there some math wiz in here that could firgure out what our cars would top out at using the ratios and final drv... or just a guestimate... Also is this just gear replacement or a whole new tranny, cuz two g's for gears is just rape.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Motaskate said:
is there some math wiz in here that could firgure out what our cars would top out at using the ratios and final drv... or just a guestimate... Also is this just gear replacement or a whole new tranny, cuz two g's for gears is just rape.

The problem here is this: This stuff is not sold in the U.S. We have to get an importer to bring it over, and importer fee's can be pretty huge. This is a total Japanese Domestic Market product. If someone actually does it, they'll see the rewards in a huge way. But it's gonna be pricey.

·
Registered
452 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Motaskate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem here is this: This stuff is not sold in the U.S. We have to get an importer to bring it over, and importer fee's can be pretty huge. This is a total Japanese Domestic Market product. If someone actually does it, they'll see the rewards in a huge way. But it's gonna be pricey.
Not to flame, but that didn't really answer my question. Does anyone know if this is gear replacement or a whole new tranny with synchros to match it... Also does anyone know the formula using the gears to figure out top end... We shouldn't have to buy it to figure this out...

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.