NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the bov that come witht he c2 kit and eversince I have been boosting the bov sounds wierd...

Like when its it lets the air out it goes like

Push push push push (strong forces of air until the pressure is let out) Ive hear other bov and they are one strong pssshhhhh sound

Gas told me that the springwas too tight and to cut, so i did and now i can hear air coming out of the bov when im cruising and it still does the push push push sound but when its almost out of pressure i hear a little pshhhh, is the spring still too tight or did i cut it too far down??

·
Registered
709 Posts
If it opens during pressure you probably cut too much.
Try cleaning it and lubricate it with an appropriate substance, white grease maybe.. maybe someone else has an idea what to use..

·
Registered
659 Posts
venomceli said:
I have the bov that come witht he c2 kit and eversince I have been boosting the bov sounds wierd...

Like when its it lets the air out it goes like

Push push push push (strong forces of air until the pressure is let out) Ive hear other bov and they are one strong pssshhhhh sound
i always thought certain BOVs (HKS SSQ) made multiple pulses of sound instead of one PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Originally posted by modenaplz
i always thought certain BOVs (HKS SSQ) made multiple pulses of sound instead of one PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nope I have SSQ and if you are boosting hard and you let go throttle suddenly its a loud quick whistle, but if you are not boosting hard but at a constant boost slowly let go throttle you will hear this pssh pssh pssh sound.

·
Registered
320 Posts
kinda off topic but i've never heard of the sard r2d2 bov, anyone have inputs on it? how does it sound? and is it a quality bov? i'm very interested in buying the stage 1 kit from c2 power

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
yes the insert changes the sound.. i use to have an ssqv and hte purple insert (if i can remember).. the other insert is just the identical of the one that comes with it originally.. the sound is not all high pitched with the purple insert..

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
xxcelicaxx said:
kinda off topic but i've never heard of the sard r2d2 bov, anyone have inputs on it? how does it sound? and is it a quality bov? i'm very interested in buying the stage 1 kit from c2 power
Well, in total, how many brands have you actually heard of from Japan? There are a ton that are very nice quality, we just don't hear of them too much in the States. SARD is one of those brands and is top notch over there. www.sard.co.jp for more info. Use Google translator if you want to read it.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
how does a bov affect a turbo system performance wise? Meaning different brands perform differently? Can you see any type of gains by switching to a better bov?

I have a Blitz bov

·
Registered
709 Posts
I doubt you will see a real change in performance (But I could be wrong). Maybe if the bov opens and closes faster it can keep your turbo spooling a little bit better.

For the rest, maybe a recirculating bov might improve performance a bit..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If you push hard it should make 1 pschhhh.
If you drive soft then it can make the pschhhh, pschhh, psch sound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.