NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a c2 turbo, and will be ordering stage 2 for my 1zz-ge in fall, and i have a nitrous system, would the setup work or will i blow up anything? anyone ever tryed this? the 1zz-ge is rebuilt from ground up. new internals crank, on and on. But ya, will this work? should i break in the engine somuch before i slap on the turbo and the nitrous? i need options! lol do the 3000k break in slap on turbo? and nitrous or somewhat? ehh

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
Ok first of all. Get your engines straight. Its either 1zzfe(gt) or 2zzge(gts).

Secondly. What about your tranny. Did you beef up your tranny. First thing to blow will be that. and why do you want nitrous on your car. When you order stage 2. you can turn up the boost. C2 Power claims 280 hp with the stage 2. I really wouldnt push it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
140 GT said:

Secondly. What about your tranny. Did you beef up your tranny. First thing to blow will be that. and why do you want nitrous on your car. When you order stage 2. you can turn up the boost. C2 Power claims 280 hp with the stage 2. I really wouldnt push it.
sorry my bad i have 2 celica's lol, and its the 1zz-fe, and i am well aware when i get stage 2 that i will be pushing 280 with correct tuning, i also got C2 tranny, im just cerious if i get maybe a low shot of nitrous would i start blowing **** up?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
normally people who put nitrous on boosted cars have alot of turbo lag problems. They use the nitrous to bring them into boost faster. correct me if I'm wrong.

140 GT said:

the "fe" means an economical cam set-up. If his engine is built, I'd assume cams too, than technically it would be classified as a "ge" which means its a performance oriented cam set-up. but hey, he probably doesn't have cams

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jtultra said:
normally people who put nitrous on boosted cars have alot of turbo lag problems. They use the nitrous to bring them into boost faster. correct me if I'm wrong.

the "fe" means an economical cam set-up. If his engine is built, I'd assume cams too, than technically it would be classified as a "ge" which means its a performance oriented cam set-up. but hey, he probably doesn't have cams
Yes you know where im going with this :), and yes i do have performance cam's but my goal is to try and hit 12's in a 1/4, with maybe even a 75 shot of nos

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Jtultra said:
I still need to test mine first
hahaha

with a fully built engine and tranny...why not just get a boost controller and max it out.. mwr got their 1zz to around 500 til the stock tranny broke.. if stock 2zzs are running 14's id think you could probably get into 12s on stage 2 and some other stuff like weight reduction adn slicks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What you think if i got stage 2, weight reduction, slicks, c2 tranny, you think i would be able to get mid 13's with right tune?

·
Registered
403 Posts
140 GT said:

My friends Tha Twinz showed me thier dyno sheet at a carshow running 302 hp and 300something torque and I don't think its stage 2.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.