NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up, I am wandering about the Apexi Power FC offered with the C2 stage 1 gts kit. I know its extra, but I am not sure if it will be pre-tuned for the kit and our cars like the emanage is that normally comes with the kit. If i could get some info on this it would help (boost level, A/F ratios...). I think if the power FC comes with a good base tune for safe operation like they do with their emanage, then this option is for me. Feel free to help or thrash your opinons around.
dank :shrugs:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i think it is tuned for the kit and our cars cuz if its not then it will be really dangerous and i dont think c2usa does that kind of work...

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I dunno if they include PFC with their kit. But I know for the fact that a few members here who bought the C2 "kit" purchased it minus the emanage and bought the PFC straight from Japan.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Man, I don't know the answer to your question but I do know why you're asking. It sucks that the one and only dyno in Auburn is reserved for ONLY VWs, Audis, and Porsches

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm in the C2 GB and I bought my GTS stage 1 kit without the engine management. They did not offer the PFC. I bought it from Teiwa (japan) and then bought the Datalogit from MonkeyWrench. I found a map from JesseIL in one of the stickies in the F/I tuning section. My local shop said with this setup it will save me lots of money on tuning. Apparently will save me more in tuning than the cost of the Datalogit. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right JDM Bham, there is no dyno closer than Atlanta to me...So now the question is which Greddy E-manage do I think has a better map, Greddy or C2-USA. The Power FC would be nice but I need a reliable map so I can drive to dyno for a safer/climatized/no detonation tune. Tough choice now that the gt-s finally has the option of both supercharging and turbo. I love this shat.
I have seen some vids of the supercharged gt-s but are there any good comparison vids out for the turboed celica???
dank

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now i know about the lack of a tuned power fc with the stage 1 kit. What about a fabricated turbo brace or something??? Does the exhaust downpipe come with flexpipe on it??? What about the exit of the downpipe, will I need to weld up a new midpipe section or is it a bolt up to the oem pipe? Sorry about all the questions, just these always seemed fuzzy areas to me about this kit. Hope C2USA can answer these for me.
dank

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
There's a good dyno up here ya know. AutoLabz has one. Though, it's about the same distance timewise from auburn as ATL

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where is C2USA!?!?

If my title has the words "C2USA".....why wouldnt C2USA respond in this thread. I dont think these questions classify me as a noob, nor have I ever seen these issues brought up. Their manifolds used to crack, so I would like to know if the turbos are braced yet. What about the exhaust? Mated flange, or is it a weld job, is there even a flex pipe?? These are crucial questions that will make me decide if this is truly a bolt on kit for me. I would appreciate it if C2USA or ESCF or whatever would please address these issues. Thanks.

Are me and Dasher the only ones that care about these issues that require more than a generic opinion from members. These are direct questions about the contents of the gt-s stage 1 kit that I can't seem to get answered. :furious:
dank

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Divine shiftey6 said:
So now the question is which Greddy E-manage do I think has a better map, Greddy or C2-USA.
If you're going with the e-manage it would certialy be best to stick with our map as opposed to the map greddy provides.

Divine shiftey6 said:
What about a fabricated turbo brace or something??? Does the exhaust downpipe come with flexpipe on it???
The DP does not have a flexpipe on it, the celica uses sprung bolts on the exhaust flanges that allow for flex.

What about the exit of the downpipe, will I need to weld up a new midpipe section or is it a bolt up to the oem pipe?
The DP will need to be welded onto the stock exhaust, that however... is the only welding needed.

Divine shiftey6 said:
If my title has the words "C2USA".....why wouldnt C2USA respond in this thread.
Sorry about that, I've been pretty busy getting stuff together now that the GB is coming to an end.... haven't had much time to cruise the rest of the forums. However, I did reply to your PM and if you do have any questions, feel free to PM me about it. As many people will tell you I'm very good about getting back to PMs. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
BHam00GT-S said:
It sucks that the one and only dyno in Auburn is reserved for ONLY VWs, Audis, and Porsches
Get yourself a G-Tech RR and do all your tuning yourself on the street. That's how my car is being tuned. I'm basically going to go to the dyno simply for a power pull.
00GTShope said:
I found a map from JesseIL in one of the stickies in the F/I tuning section.
You could probably use one of my maps as a starting point, but as I point out to everyone who asks me, turbo cars are all inherently VERY different from one another unless you're running the same kit. You're still going to need to do a lot of work to one of my maps to adapt it to a C2 setup. About its only advantage over an N/A map is the load rows will probably be pretty close for a C2 setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts