NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my C60 tranny that i got with my recently swapped 2ZZ engine makes a clicking and banging noise when taking turns. It sounds more like damaged CV joints, but i have checked cv inner and outer joints and found them to be perfectly ok. During taking a 90 degree right or left turn, if i press the gas a bit harder, the clicking or banging stops and the tires start skidding in an intermittent manner.... somehow it feels like the inner tire is rotating at the same speed as the outer tire when taking turns. I have shown it to some mechanics, and they said it is a LSD problem. I had been to Malaysia (KL) last month and talked to some mechanics there, and they said it is probably a full locked differential. The car runs fine on straight line, but makes this annoying noise when turning. Any idea what could be the case? Expert opinions welcome. Thanks!

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Someone could have modified the C60 before you purchased it. It may now have a malfunctioning LSD, a "spool" type LSD which really is a terrible choice for a FWD street driven car or even worse they may have permanently locked the diff together by welding it.

Any way it sounds like you need to have the transmission opened up and looked at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts