NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What is the part number for the Harbor Freight Gear puller set?

No problems with pulling the gears with the puller? Does it seem like good enough quality to use it a few times before it would break?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pullers listed & difficulty level

Yes, good question - can you really tear down the transmission with the puller listed? I've rebuilt all sorts of motors, removed transmissions but never opened them up. I assumed it would be too difficult to rebuild a manual but from what I've found out it does not look that difficult? Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is Billybrun still around? I wanted to ask him how the ol' Phantom Grip held up and if it worked out well.
I'm still around, but I left the country once again. I'm back in the sand box...

About the Phantom grip LSD, it looked ok, I guess, when I pulled it out. I sold the old differential with it in it. It still had tension, but I wanted a Helical LSD this time, they work a lot better.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A question for Billybrun. At any stage of this rebuild did you need the services of a press to remove the input shaft bearing or press the gears back onto the shafts or for anything else?
YES, I really don't see how I would've done it without a press. I used the press at work, it was fast and easy to install and remove the gears and bearings.
I just noticed the date on the last reply, lol I've been busy over here, lost track of time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts