NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C60 transmission

New: Later in the discussioun, it has been cleared that this is actually a C63 tranny. Different gear ratios are posted below.

This trans came out of an European Celica GT, year 01. All celica's here come with a c60 6speed manual, even the GT model as standard. So this tranny was undear much less stress as it would have been in a GT-S. It has about 90k miles on it and will fit bolt on. I know this because i have recently sold one myself to the US and the guy told me everything worked and fitted perfectly (he even gave me an iTrader point hehe). It hasn't been rebuilt, it has been sitting in a part-out car for about 6 months. I belive it has no LSD, and gear ratios should be:
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th Reverse Final
3.166 1.904 1.310 1.031 0.864 0.725 3.250 4.312
(source wiki)
Point is it will fit right on and there are no oil leaks...
The only problem this has (as you can see on the pics) is that one of the mounting brackets broke off, and needs to be welded back, or repaired the same way alu wheels get molded back when there is a piece missing. Even without that bracket attached the transmission was sitting tight under the car.

FREE SHIPPING TO US/CA/EU

If you have any more questions just ask. Take care everyone :)

List Date: 3/15/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: C60 transmission
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $832.47 + $0 Shipping

--------------------------------------

Mobile friendly version: C60 transmission

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
This trans came out of an European Celica GT, year 01. All celica's here come with a c60 6speed manual, even the GT model as standard.
...are you sure about that? :wtf: Does the transmission have a stamp that says C60? I've never heard of any 1zz powered Celica coming with a C60 out of the factory.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...are you sure about that? :wtf: Does the transmission have a stamp that says C60? I've never heard of any 1zz powered Celica coming with a C60 out of the factory.
Are you kidding me? So you're saying UK 1zz comes with 5speed manual? Loool. I am absolutely positive about 6speed manual stock in 1ZZ. I've had 3 105kw Celicas so far, all with 6speed manual as stock. It could be that only RHD markets such as UK don't get the 6speed, or your car is imported from US :)

The owner who bought my previous trans in the US, said it fit perfectly, also that it works like it should.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
No, that's not what I said or even implied... :rolleyes:

Uk 1zz Celica comes with a 6-speed transmission, but it's got longer gearing than the 6-speed found with 2zz Celica's. From what I understand, UK == Euro models. This is news to me if you're saying that 140hp models come with C60 transmissions. If that's the case, then nearly every seller on eBay who parts out cars has been wrong with their pricing on gearbox's from the 1zz model because they are all notably cheaper when compared to gearboxes from 2zz powered models.

Anyway good luck with the sale, honestly I'm not trying to rain on your parade :love: I just don't wan't anybody to end up with a 2zz that they can't keep in lift on upshifts because the revs drop more than 2000rpm each time.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, that's not what I said or even implied... :rolleyes:

Uk 1zz Celica comes with a 6-speed transmission, but it's got longer gearing than the 6-speed found with 2zz Celica's. From what I understand, UK == Euro models. This is news to me if you're saying that 140hp models come with C60 transmissions. If that's the case, then nearly every seller on eBay who parts out cars has been wrong with their pricing on gearbox's from the 1zz model because they are all notably cheaper when compared to gearboxes from 2zz powered models.

Anyway good luck with the sale, honestly I'm not trying to rain on your parade :love: I just don't wan't anybody to end up with a 2zz that they can't keep in lift on upshifts because the revs drop more than 2000rpm each time.
Yes, i know that the gear ratios are different, that is why i have posted them in my first post. This tranny is a great buy for anyone who wants to switch from 5 to 6 gears, or some1 who want's a replacement for his broken 6speed. It will still work fine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yes, i know that the gear ratios are different, that is why i have posted them in my first post. This tranny is a great buy for anyone who wants to switch from 5 to 6 gears, or some1 who want's a replacement for his broken 6speed. It will still work fine.
Hello :wave:

That gearbox will fit perfectly to any 1zz or 2zz
You are also right about the gear ratios,BUT
that is not a C60 trans, it is a C63.

lift will be fine as well, altought it will be impossible to land lift
from 2nd gear to 3rd gear, the rest is fine from there it is even closer
then a C60 trans.

that gear box will give you better MPG, better cruising rpms, but slightly less
acceleration, thougt it will give you a better top speed that will be reached in 5th gear, instead of 6th

It is a good choice IMHO, for street use.

Cheers

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
it is even closer then a C60 trans.
It's not closer than a C60 bro. If it were closer, lift would be easier to land between gears.

Yes, on a 1zz powered car. Pretty sure anybody in their right mind with a 2zz would be pretty pissed if they fitted this because yes they'll have better cruise economy, but their car will be slower overall.

Celiator must hate me - I really don't meant to come across as though I'm trying to block your sale as that is not my intention man. I just want people to know what they're buying :thumbup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's not closer than a C60 bro. If it were closer, lift would be easier to land between gears.

If you read again you will see that i was refering from 4th gear up

it is wider from 1st to 3rd and closer from 3rd to 5th iqual in when you shift to 6th

i thought it was understandable sorry

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello :wave:

That gearbox will fit perfectly to any 1zz or 2zz
You are also right about the gear ratios,BUT
that is not a C60 trans, it is a C63.

lift will be fine as well, altought it will be impossible to land lift
from 2nd gear to 3rd gear, the rest is fine from there it is even closer
then a C60 trans.

that gear box will give you better MPG, better cruising rpms, but slightly less
acceleration, thougt it will give you a better top speed that will be reached in 5th gear, instead of 6th

Cheers
Thanks for clearing that out man. I didn't know those things, and i know quite some differences betwen US and Euro models... I always wondered how come my car can reach 225 kph (140 mph) with 1zz and US models can't. I'm talking stock here.

ok....so you know the gear ratios are different...yet you're still labelling it as an actual C60 transmission.

:faint:
I didn't know how should i label it if not C60. Now that Master clearified some things i know it is actually C63, but there isn't much differences overall...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ahhh fair play man. My bad, yeah I didn't understand what you meant.
It´s all good :love:

sometimes its is hard to express what you want to say in writting lol

The diference in acceleration is not that bad but you defenitly need to relearn your driving because at the same speed you will be at a lower RPM so also less
power and torque at the same situation/speed.

I look at it this way if you race a lot =C60
if do a lot of cruising and are more laid back then C63 is a good option

:cheers:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks for clearing that out man. I didn't know those things, and i know quite some differences betwen US and Euro models... I always wondered how come my car can reach 225 kph (140 mph) with 1zz and US models can't. I'm talking stock here.

I didn't know how should i label it if not C60. Now that Master clearified some things i know it is actually C63, but there isn't much differences overall...
Hi,

Shure no problem :)

altought there is quite a diference yes...

especially on the speed that each gear will be able to achieve.
with a C63 in 2nd gear you will reach 120 Km/h in 3rd 180 Km/h in 4 th 220 Km/h in 5th 255 km/h
and if you had the power Lol (very important) 305 km/h in 6th gear

I think your trans is a very good option for a turbo or superchager aplication

·
Registered
296 Posts
In theory, gearing-wise, yes it is. In practice, sadly it's not going to hold up under strong torque much better than a C60 :sadpace: Such a pity :(
:/: unfortenatly you are totally right...:sadpace:

With the longer final ratio of 4.3:1 it should hold up just a little bit better
than a C60... humm maybe for the turbo kit guys with no more then 7 psi of boost :shrugs:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi,

Shure no problem :)

altought there is quite a diference yes...

especially on the speed that each gear will be able to achieve.
with a C63 in 2nd gear you will reach 120 Km/h in 3rd 180 Km/h in 4 th 220 Km/h in 5th 255 km/h
and if you had the power Lol (very important) 305 km/h in 6th gear

I think your trans is a very good option for a turbo or superchager aplication
I don't mean to be a smartass here but the speeds you mentioned are way off. 2nd goes 103 kph, 3rd 145, 4th 185, but top speed is in 5th yes... Stock 16'' wheels and tires. 100% sure about this...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't mean to be a smartass here but the speeds you mentioned are way off. 2nd goes 103 kph, 3rd 145, 4th 185, but top speed is in 5th yes... Stock 16'' wheels and tires. 100% sure about this...
And no and dont think that you are a smart ass
and i really hope that you can sell your trans.
As you can read from what i said i really think it is
a good option even for a 2zz NA BUT it will depend on what the buyer
is looking for to get with the trans it is buying.

If it is looking for better MPH and a more relaxing Highway cruse then C63 is the way to go.

If performance and max acceleration is the goal then C60 ands down.

Your trans will, for shure, have someone interested it just depend on the goal of the buyer.

I hope that you can be like this quick :money:

Sheers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.