NewCelica.org Forum banner

Cadillac Ciel Concept

Tags
cadillac ciel
2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Motor 
#1 ·
Revealed: Cadillac Ciel Concept
Cadillac went big in Monterey tonight with introduction of the Ciel concept. And when we say big, we mean real big, like 125-inch wheelbase big. That's nine inches longer than the wheelbase of an Escalade. The overall length of the Ciel is longer, too, by about an inch and it's nearly as wide as the big SUV.

With so much sheetmetal to move Cadillac stuffed plenty of power under the hood. In this case, a twin-turbo, 3.6-liter V6 rated at 425-horsepower . There's some kind of hybrid system buried in the transmission, too, but given the lack of details it's probably just for green points. The suspension is a fully independent setup with 22-inch wheels at each corner and a hefty set of six-piston calipers up front. Typical concept stuff.

As impressive as the hardware may sound, the meat of this car is the interior. And like most concepts, there's plenty of wood, brushed aluminum and hand-stitched leather throughout. The biggest difference here might be the level of restraint employed by the designers as the whole layout is fairly simple. Most of the controls are buried within screens and controllers you can't really see, so all that's left is big speedometer and a few choice selector switches. It's a well done cabin that could become an impressive production flagship.

Of course, none of that was discussed tonight. Clay Dean, Cadillac's lead designer, said the Ciel was nothing more than a suggestion of where the brand can go in the future. Not a bad suggestion.

Gawd, I love it.

See less See more
#4 ·
the tail lights and headlights continue to get slimmer and slimmer. I wonder how Caddy is going to pull out from that ongoing design.

I hate their styling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.